Unsubstantiated rumor.......My trigger finger

got itchy.........So I pulled the trigger on a PM3520B..........It will be delivered late next week or the following week. I could have it tomorrow but I want that shop finished!

I also bought the 18" bed extension.

Photos following it's delivery.
:D:D:D:D

Ken

Thanks Keith.....Yeah it's got me worried........With the Jet Mini mounted on the "diving board"....if something starts cracking/splitting ....gonna let go...the 2x12 vibrates and I step away before shutting it down. I'm very nearly deaf.....I won't know on the Mustard until it slaps me in the face!:huh:

Well Ken, you pretty much just suck. :rofl:

Congrats, you itchy-fingered son of a gun, you. Good thinking on the 18" extension, too. :thumb: Who did you end up buying it from?

I think I'll go wallow in envy for a little while. :D

Yeah......well the itch isn't gone yet..............more to follow......it's too dark to pull it again tonight......but tomorrow morning and/or afternoon...

BTW....Vaughn.....I believe it's 20" over the bed....34" over the extension.....

Vaughn....it doesn't matter whom you buy it from. Not putting it on a credit card last week cost me $300-500. Amazon had them on sale for $2295 plus shipping. As of the 1st of September, Powermatic dealers all have to sell it for the same price or lose their dealer ship. That's what 2 different dealers told me today.

Last edited:
BTW.....My wife would like a list of all those who were involved in that "bombing" incident about 18 months ago....tod has met me....I'm 6'1"..255 lbs......She's a foot shorter.....100 lbs lighter......And a whole lot meaner...........Anyone volunteering to own up to being involved?.......I'm not through pulling the trigger either......:dunno::eek::rolleyes::D

Not me, Ken. I didn't belong to the forum then. But I did read the bombing thread, and they gotcha good, didn't they? Doing any flatwork lately?:D:D

Nancy (106 days)

Yeah......I cut a 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" piece of wood to remount my sprinkler control system to the wall of our utility room in the basement yesterday. I did remember where my 10 SCMS was....I use it to cut pen blanks!:eek::rolleyes::D

Hey Ken, congrats!

Add my name to the list to show your wife, she can come over here and talk some sense into me, as long as she brings you with her :wave: :D

Congrats Ken. The "B" is the best lathe value for the dollar! We'll be waiting to see what the "other part" of your gloat is... Hmmm, what would go well with a big new lathe...?

Ken, you have made a huge leap....congrats.:thumb:

Don't forget a shop tour once your done finishing it. Maybe a pre-mustard with a huge empty spot for it and then a pic with it covered in curlies.:thumb: