My trigger finger got itchy again....

Got to agree Allen, we need to get Tyler over here again to buck up our pic police enforcement!! :D :wave:

Edit...........

WAIT JUST A DARN MINUTE HERE...........

Tree Trimmer.......... wood turner........... Ken did NOT get any "Free" wood.........OK, now you REALLY have me doubting you Ken............. :D

Last edited:
Got to agree Allen, we need to get Tyler over here again to buck up our pic police enforcement!! :D :wave:

Edit...........

WAIT JUST A DARN MINUTE HERE...........

Tree Trimmer.......... wood turner........... Ken did NOT get any "Free" wood.........OK, now you REALLY have me doubting you Ken............. :D

Stu....the guy did leave me some hard maple....that's what he called it......when I saw it, I understood why it was "hard maple" .....I don't know how long that stump had been drying but I'll bet you were still in Canada when this rascal was cut! splits....cracks......And all he was taking out were small limbs being mulched on site. Nothing I would have been interested in....

Okay Grimes......

Here it is........

And Miss Nancy.....if you'll look at the last photo you'll see the oldest son and I did mount the 1st two 8' fluorescent fixtures. Unfortunately I had some serious work to do at work, so it didn't get wired and it probably won't get wired for another week now. I have about 18 hours of maintenance to do on a CT scanner tomorrow and Sharon and I fly out early Friday morning to southern Illinois for my 40th HS reunion. Those poor folks have never met the LOML. Boy are they in for a treat!:)

l1.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

l4.JPG

sl1.JPG

You're a better man than I am Ken...being able to leave town with a brand-new PM 3520 and MM16 sitting in the shop. My hat's off to you. :rofl:

(Heck, I'd have already been calling in sick. "Hello boss? I won't be in today. I've got an eye problem. I just can't see me coming to work today.")

Well done Ken, congrats. I hope you enjoy your new tools. Just out of curiosity what will happen to your baby lathe? Is it going to be your dedicated pen lathe now?

Also I never seen one of them mini lathes in person, could you take a side by side of it with your big lathe to give my an idea of how big they are? When you have the time that is.

Again Ken, congrats.

Allen I probably won't be unboxing the PM for about 3 more weeks. We get back from Illinois on Monday evening...it's month end, quarter end and I've got a lot of work to get done by Friday. Friday evening coworkers and families (24 folks total) start arriving. Saturday we start on an all day Jetboat trip of Hell's Canyon on the Snake River here in Lewiston (182 miles round trip) and return that evening to a cookout at our home. My oldest son, the deputy sheriff is cooking and THERE WON'T BE ANY COMPLAINTS ABOUT THE FOOD!....He's cooked in the Army for 9 years and at several restarants across the country for about 8 years. Both my sons are good cooks...take after their Mom not their Dad!

So it'll be about 3 weeks before the shop is painted and the new toys get unwrapped and positioned. Then and only then, the Onieda DC will be ordered.

But to give you an idea....the mini turned a 9.5 diameter bowl...the mini weighed 89 lbs. The mini had a 1/2 hp motor....the PM3520B.....650lbs........20" diameter over the bed and 35" IIRC over the bed extension.(it's backordered) and a 2 hp 3phase motor. There is just no comparison.....that being said......the mini will for the time being be used for my Beal buffing system....and who knows.....? I may use it for pens and bottle stoppers?...It was a gift to me at SMC by a bunch over there and a bunch from FWW. It's officially named the "Bomb" and I don't know if I could ever part with it. The inmates here and there gave it to me along with tools and videos and wood and a new found passion for which I"ll always be indebted to everyone of them though I don't know who or how much or what they gave......save a few tod......Vaughn........My shop was a week away from being finished. It still was a week minus 30 minutes until a couple of weeks ago......Truly a new found passion....My wife says she hasn't seen me so consumed since I took up elk hunting 25 years ago......I used to run 5 days a week to get in shape to hunt elk....me and a radiologist friend.......every 6 weeks or so we'd run a 10K or 12K road race somewhere nearby.....Now with turning...I just lay awake at night trying to figure how to scheme my wife for my next turning tool.....or I have dreams of buying that new turning tool......But I'm not addicted .....I can quit anytime I want to....I just don't want to....:D

This is Karl:wave:.............in the Dells..............looking down...........smiling:)..........knowing that...........the "BOMB"..........has brought............Ken in Idaho.............so much pleasure............even if it has been.............at the expense of finishing his shop.

"Git R Done" bud. :thumb:

Karl

Hey Ken, I know about the bomb, I was there at the time. Thats why I asked about it, I know that something like that is going to stick with you forever so I was wondering would you'd use it for now that you got a big boy.

And don't worry about the 3 weeks, I am as patient as they come, I have been researching my next 3 tool purchases for about a year now, and still haven't bought them even though I could have. I just like to make sure I know what I am getting. Will be buying soon.

Still when you get the time I'd love to see that pic.