Hometown Woodworking Shop Tour

BackyardFall2004.JPG
Wow, that is a beautiful pic. I wish I had something like that to look at every day, but I'm not even going to bother taking pics of what I get to see. :(

Gail, I'd like to apologize. :bow: Apparently my little comment seemed to be the catalyst that prompted these guys to hijack your thread with some serious shop-view bragging.

Sorry, Art, what you describe is about what I have here in the Arkansas Ozarks.

Well, maybe only a little over 6 acres ...
And just outside the shop, looking toward the house

lookin` out my shops back door just now...

Nice photos guys. Doesn't bug me at all.
:bang::bang::bang:

Really.

Oh, here's the view out my shop window:
view-from-shop2.jpg

...art

ps: Al, those are some seriously nice looking mature trees you've got.
Tod, if that was my field I'd have me some fun seeing how many different trees I could plant: Tulip, Walnut, Hickory, Beech, Sycamore, ... sigh.
'scuse me while I :bang: some more.

Hi Gail,

Great video!! I have to admire anyone who can take an economical space and organise it to produce maximum use without feeling cramped or unsafe. Nicely done! I also like the "mobility" of your equipment. That alone can make a small space seem much larger.

We (my sweetheart and I) have about three years left before we're on our own six acres with a river out back but it's within sight now after many years of waiting and saving, so keep working at it ... you'll get there :) !!!

cheers eh?

Awww what the heck - the thread's already hijacked eh :) ... here's our place in the north :

Looking west at the rock chute (under water), the upper end of our bay :

Looking southeast at the rock cut (lower end of our bay):

And finally, the upper end with a lower water level and my old 8x1o camera set up for a shot :

The back door of my shop will look out over the upper end.

Ok John, you win(I have a water bias). Still I am jealous of you all.:(

Btw, you guys are a big bunch of hijackers.:rolleyes:

So yeah... Gail... I'd go with the podcast. But if you do, just make sure you do it in high res for those of us who own Xbox 360s or Apple TVs.:D

Thanks all - I love the hijack, you never know where a thread will lead...you all have very interesting and pretty spaces. I can tell you all love spending time in the shop. What fun.

Thanks again, Gail

here is another backyard/shop/garage shot, with my two of my favorite people in the whole world.

Attachments

• jennifer's backyard.JPG
    jennifer's backyard.JPG
    26.3 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Hey Gail,

Fancy bumping into you here ;). Nice shop tour. I like the bit about using the planner out on the drive. My little shop, affectionately known as 'The Shed' is so small I have to leave the door open to hand plane my boards...

Ralph :)

You guys are the best... really! let's see, looks like my TV show is a no go - we are still working on it. But, that is likely outcome. I love my shop - it is awesome and the outside workspace is great too. It is perfect for one person. What to do next? Buy a 10 man shop? Brainstorm other ideas? I am considering a move into the woods... 12 acres... when you get to know me, you realize anything goes...so what's next is anybody's guess.

Thank you for all of the encouragement.

Gail
I'm sorry to hear about the TV show Gail -I was really looking forward to it.

Your shop reminds me a lot of mine -small but very efficient and complete because of the mobility. Well done!

Last edited:
Nice looking shop Gail.

You know I've got a friend with an 18" planer on wheels that he does the same thing with, rolls it out into the drive (alley in his case).