Larry, Darrell & Daryl weekend woodworking excursion

Steve Ash

Okay folks, the projectile landed from Wisconsin (which was Daryl) and we had a weekend planned at the woodworking Expo here in Charlotte rock

100_3710.jpg 100_3711.jpg

Larry is giving a thorough look at a Dewalt CMS
100_3714.jpg

Karl is looking for some bargains at the clearance table on some Scott Philips clamps.
100_3728.jpg

We took the sawmill tour and Karl found some free wood.
100_3736.jpg

We had to get some "refreshments" at the local party store, and Larry managed to "pilfer" this sign.
100_3746.jpg

Then of course with Karl's money spent, and Larrry's "larceny" we decided to seek the safe seclusion of the shop and indulge in some Wisconsin curds, some cold "beverages" and some crackers.
100_3747.jpg

I have a bunch more pictures to load as the weekend progresses, so stay tuned....and remember, at least i am giving Ya'll pictures which is more than Larry has done in a long time with his shop thread.....:rofl:

Yours truly, Darrell

alias (Steve)

your other brother looked to be having a good time too.....
thanks for sharing steve!
and don`t worry larry we don`t want to see shop pics anyway:(....(kiddin`!)

your other brother looked to be having a good time too.....
thanks for sharing steve!
and don`t worry larry we don`t want to see shop pics anyway:(....(kiddin`!)

firsdt and formost we had tried to log in and this dur thing woodnt accept my name being spelt worung well any tod we got some more dun and got some betteer pics but since yu dont want nun i will just set her ewith eh darryl and darrel andthe larry guy and have great time:rofl: oh won thing i culd suggest is for the forum to accept close proxcimities of the user name and pwearod it wopuld let us in any way hey it shulod know mwe by now:rofl::rofl:

AFter fianlly getttting my pwearod excepted hereeeee, I am abley to splain sum off tghe thibngs ha[[ening aronnnnued hear.

Firstly, as you cansdrft tell I've dund fergot how to spellld. Larrhy is realsy contagimous. I have lost all ssense of speiolling and for trhat matther myh mind..

Oh,, welll Im really havnigh a grate tyme.

Moer latter aftery i gets hoome.

daryl..

Can't but wonder if Michigan will ever be the same!:rofl:

well see kem what fun we missed oput on:rolleyes: the poice never showed up and sowe are safe now from the good guys.. dave i8 tyhank you for ther complement i like the comaprison of stev eor karl they are bopth better than me and i have gottn better form knowin thewm.. rthwe spellin karl had trouble with was no troublwe to read i understod it all,, neveer m missed a beat.. so we are all fed with wisconiosn bevergaes and and sum goood michigan foo toto.. so i gotta go and get the desert.. its more of karls storiwes and steves input alis the bad woprd:D

As promized sum pickshures of the showe....more coming latur.

Darrell

Attachments

• 100_3712.jpg
    100_3712.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 100_3727.jpg
    100_3727.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_3726.jpg
    100_3726.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 26
  • 100_3729.jpg
    100_3729.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 27
Well Darrell, other brother Darryl, and Larry.......

Last time I heard anyone talkin' like y'all are spellin', I was in the mountains with some fellows that had been hittin' the shine all night!:rofl:

Looks like a fun time!

Pictures of Johnson's sawmill activities, Scott Phillips will be there today.100_3731.jpg

Then we have a picture of the workers at Johnsons. 100_3732.jpg

A stack of Mahogany. 100_3737.jpg

Some of the bandsaw blades in the sharpening room. 100_3733.jpg

This is the DeBarker used prior to remove all the bark prior to sawing the logs into lumber. 100_3741.jpg

Quite a sharpening system..... 100_3743.jpg

And the sign just above the headsaw. 100_3740.jpg

Stay tuned, :wave:

.....todays activity.....a Amish Auction sale, we scoped it out yesterday, I think Karl..err, I mean Daryl saw a stack of Cherry lumber he is trying to figure if it will fit in his vehicle.......

I think we need a streaming audio track of "Who let the dogs out!" to accompany the pics :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks for the pics and the updates, keep rolling!

Jay

Update

First we had a pancake breakfast at the Masonic Lodge, then headed to the Amish Auction sale. They had a bunch of handplanes I was sure Larry was gonna load up on....but he held back. Daryl decided to knot buy the stack of Cherry or Oak, so the only one to purchase anything was my son, who bought a good used lawn tractor.

We went back to wood expo and saw Scott Phillips giving a demo on a lathe, but just watched it briefly then moved on to the tool area.

Sunday we woke to find a flat tire on the Wisconsin projectile, so we were a bit late getting to Larry's for a tour of the new shop. Larry then guided us over to Gilmores car museum where we were able to see some cars that were impressive. I was surprised how many cars were made here in Michigan.

I must have caught some kind of flu bug or else it was all the cheese we ate, cause I was feeling real bad, finally crawled on the couch and fell asleep, missed supper and dessert. Still feeling bad today so I decided not to go to work.

Karl took lots of pics so hopefully, when he gets back across the Big Lake, he'll be able to post some more pics.

I had a great time hangin out with Larry and Karl, we had a lot of laughs and enjoyed each others company. The wives all have similar interests and we didn't see a whole lot of them since they were busy with quilting and buying material, etc.

It is always a pleasure to visit with the folks you share the keyboards with,...Thanks fellas.