Fellow Woodworker Visit and Gloat

glenn bradley

I paid a visit to a gentleman at his shop this morning. Like many woodworkers he was gracious and a true gentleman. I neglected to catch a pic of him and his great little shop in the desert. I did manage to get a couple shots of some hardware that was crowding him as he pursues his latest project.

My ex-BIL gave me a deal on a lift gate truck for the journey and with the previous owner's help a friend and I made the trip home without incident.

in-truck-1.jpg

At the Gar . . shop the unloading was simplified as my neighbor was out in his yard and came over to see what was up. He's big enough to carry this saw by himself. "We" got it in the shop.

in-shop-1.jpg

It was demonstrated as to how improper or non-use of the table pin can result in the uneven surface problem some folks have reported. Perhaps this will help someone if that is a factor on their saw. This one is beautifully flat.

table-pin-1.jpg

I guess I'll have to delay getting my jointer for awhile longer and ramp up my schedule for my shop electrical build.

that saw looks like it`s hardly been used glenn?......nice score!

Bought new in March. Owner put about 20 minutes on it. He bought TS, BS, Jointer and DC all at once as he was going to start doing different types of work. He then landed a job for 250 kitchens. Due to the size of his workspace he had to lose the BS to make room for the slider he'll need to keep the production schedule. Woo-hoo for me.

The machine is pristeen. All his tools were pristeen. To make an already great deal better, my ex-BIL wouldn't take any money for the use of the truck.

Glenn

Great score on the bandsaw! OK, I understand the "no pics" of the shop comment, but I hope you invited the gentleman to our merry band! Of course, with that amount of production ahead of him I wonder if he would have any time to post!

Jay