Nice Steve! Very nice resto....:thumb:

I have several type 11s, seems kinda stereotype to have type 11s, there's a guy local who has an entire type 11 collection, you might have seen his auctions on ebay that never meet their reserves...:rolleyes:

In my case I had started with a #8 I got from Johnny Kleso, and picked up a #4C (also type 11) from WaltQ...then I was given a #5C in very nice condition from Galootaclaus. And I picked up a #3 type 11 from the old tools list for about $25. So, it's not like I've been trying to find them, they just kinda started finding me I guess. Most of my planes are specialty planes, those are the only common planes I have except for a 60 1/2, and another odd one that is narrower than the 60 1/2...

I like the old Stanley planes, my only complaint is that some of them start getting sloppy over the years.

Type 13s is good to have, less competition finding them! Great era of planes and in some ways I like the high knob over the low knob. I think it's a personal thing, like I said, I didn't plan to have type 11s, they just started finding me.:huh:

Steve,
Careful about that 'collection.' The slope can get very slippery - very quickly. I started out with a #3, #4, and a couple block planes. This is what it's turned into... Oh yeah, and those aren't all of them. The 'frequent users' are all on a separate shelf over the bench.

Attachments

• DSCN0158a.JPG
    DSCN0158a.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN0159a.JPG
    DSCN0159a.JPG
    95 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Steve,

I've seen Lloyd's collection in the metal, he brought it to a BAG-A-THON a couple years ago. It's quite a nice collection, not sure if it's worth what he was asking for it, but he's a nice guy and certainly a nice collection. It would take quite a bit of time to duplicate it, I mean he has every single plane available in type 11 as I recall.

Nothing wrong with type 13s, nothing wrong with them at all. Some folks feel the type 15s are their faves, I think it's all personal preference.