Is football talk banned?

Bill Lantry

Hey, folks,

Are we allowed to talk football on here, or does it just lead to trouble? ;)

Me, I'm a Charger fan. It's the only part of my life that's masochistic! ;) Rooting for them takes an odd kind of foolishness... kinda like being a cubs fan, I guess. We're up to, what, 40 superbowls... and they've never won even one.

Oh, well, there's always this year... ;)

And there's no point in rooting for the local team... the redskins are hopeless too... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

feel free.........i don`t watch or care about any organized sports let alone discuss `em but lotsa folks seem to be interested.

I don't see any problem. I think that West Ham could have quite a good season this year. I know that beating Reading 3-0 isn't necessarily that difficult but they have come back nicely so far from a first game defeat to Man City :eek::eek::eek: Oh - you meant American Football?? :eek::eek::eek: - No - I don't think we should talk about that:)

Football???

Football??

Football isn't even a sport. I don't watch it so I don't understand the game one bit, but it seems to me the second they get the ball and start doing something...that is after talking about it for ten minutes, a whistle is blown and they stop and do it all over again. It just doesn't make sense.

Then there is that stupid ball they call a ball. It's not even round, so calling it a ball is a big stretch.

Then there is the goal. It's something like ten yards deep and fifty yards wide, who in their right mind could not get a itty bitty tiny football thing into something that big? Heck I could do that. Same can be said for the upright things. I could kick an oblong ball into something that big. Jeesh...

Now hockey, that is a sport. Those guys have razor blades tied to their feet, they have clubs in their hands, they are allowed to fight, the rules are super simple and there is no out of bounds, and they are playing on frozen water not some fake grass like thing. Behind the net, in front of the net, there's no escaping a good hard push with these guys skating at 30 mph! In fact its part of the game. In football every time they see someone coming at them they run out of bounds like a scared Gazelle running from a Lion. Not in hockey. Heck they don't even stop the game to change people. That's on the fly. In football they stop every 5 seconds. Last year I watched a hockey game run steady for 7½ minutes with no whistel!! With football the last 2 minutes of the game takes an hour to complete!

Then to score you have to get a frozen puck into a net 4 feet by six feet guarded by an 8 foot giant with enough pads on him to cover six goals. And if by some miracle you do get that frozen black biscuit past the Goalie, you get credited with 1 point. Not seven, not three, but one. You only got it in there once, why get 7 points for it? Of course with football it might be 3 or it might be 1, I guess it depends on when you kick the thing.

I tell you, I watched about 5 minutes of some football game today. Just doesn't make sense to me. Thank goodness I can watch a good sport take place in a few weeks. I've been ready since June!! :thumb:

Edit Note: This post was made to make people laugh and look at their favorite sport from a different perspective. I have nothing against football, its just not a sport we have where we live. Here hockey rules that's all...

Last edited:
I don't follow sports much, i would rather play than watch, but get this story. Last year's rookie of the year, pro football was a quarterback for the Tennessee titan which used to be the houston oilers. His college was the University of texas in Austin about 3 hours from Houston. He was from Houston. Houston had first pick in the draft, they had several bad seasons and a quarterback down on his luck. Logical choice, All american quarterback, from houston, via Univ. of Texas ,Austin the most valuable player in the bowl game and I think the Heinsman trophy winner. Who does Houston pick first round, first pick?????I don't even know:dunno:, I would rather play than watch.:doh:
Shaz :)

Okay, so I'm a Cowboys fan. Can't help it. You HAVE to be where I grew up... small West Texas town called Midland. If you even tried cheering for anyone else, you got the snot beat outta you. :D

GO COWBOYS!!!

Besides, who do I have up here worthy of my devotion? The Ben Gals? The Browns? :rofl: I don't think so.

BTW, Shaz, I've tried since their inception to like the Texans. And have much fan related merchandise to prove it. They just keep disappointing me.:huh:

Oh, and Ohio State? NOT!

GO BLUE! (even if they did get off to a crappy start) I've never been a fair weather fan.:D

Shaz...You left your "Carr" here in Charlotte.
My wife thinks David is "cute" :huh::huh::huh: ...You can have him back.

OH...and how is that defensive 1st pick from NC State doing? Still on the roster??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Discussion overheard at the Texan HQ draft day meeting... "Lets see???? Vince Young or old "what's his name"...Vince or what's his name???...Vince or old what's his name??? Hmmmmmmm.

"Hey Homer...flip a coin will ya." :doh: