good deal?

They are probably factory seconds. Scratch and dent or something like that.

I have been to Redmonds and he buys TONS of tools like that. He had a 100 or more Mini or Midi lathes. I can't remember the exact story but they have dropped during shipping. Damaged ranged from casting broken in half to nothing. He will buy the damaged container and then takes his chances on what is inside. Sell the good ones, repair and part out the damaged ones.

BTW he has a LOT of old machines too. Fascinating to walk through the warehouse.

thanks jeff, if that "is" the case, i'd rather not buy...especially since i would be having it shipped.

shouldn't he have to disclose that type of info on the site?

thanks
chris

I would just pick up the phone and ask. Could be like the lathes. He got a bunch and these are the good ones, not damaged. Or a dozen other reasons he got them cheap.

Overall Redmonds has a good reputation and has been in business for many years. I wouldn't be afraid to buy from him.

BTW I was looking at their new site and noticed they don't list used machines anymore. He was telling me he was going to scrap out the old stuff but I didn't believe him. Now I am wondering!!! He had a couple ... heck, A LOT of old machines I would have loved to have had.