Rebirth of a lathe, needs a name?

Looks like a nice project. The first thing that poped in my feeble mind when you said you were going to name it was Turnasaurus Rex! Big, old, and pretty cool!:thumb:

As someone who has a "Hoover" label on his dust collector, I think "The Maytag" would be an appropriate name for your lathe. ;) (I could even make you a magnetic nameplate.) I'll bet your granddad would be happy to see your work.

Vaughn, how do you make the magnetic nameplates? I have some old maytag logos saved off the internet that would be perfect...or would that be illegal?:huh:

Vaughn, how do you make the magnetic nameplates? I have some old maytag logos saved off the internet that would be perfect...or would that be illegal?:huh:
Jeff, I printed the logo on Avery stick-back label paper, then stuck it onto a piece of magnetic sign material. (I bought the sign material to help close up the gaps in the back of my contractor saw to improve the dust collection. I used a piece of scrap that was left over.)

Technically, it might be a copyright infringement, but realistically, you're doing no harm by copying it for your personal use. If you were selling things and putting the logo on them, then it'd be a different story.