Added to the Johnson Legacy

Its funny how having kids will change your perspective on life, and the events that enter your life. Last Sunday we had a Johnson family reunion right here on Johnson Hill as its known. We've been around for awhile so we kind of comedered this hill and put houses, kids, and somewhere along the way, put a legacy on this town that will endure for generations.

One of the highlights was having a picture taken with 4 generations of Johnson's. There is Uncle Paul, 91: my father who is 60; myself who is 33; and Alyson who just turned one. I never had a great opinion on pictures until a few years ago. My father insisted all 9 of us kids get together and have a picture taken. It was strange for all of us get together like that, so he prodded, we posed and a picture was snapped. Its a good thing too because a few months later my sister was killed in a car accident. Its funny how pictures are minuscule moments in a very big timeline. Kind of like this one:

Four_Gen_Johnson.JPG

Travis, that is a great pic, looks like a great family!

I was lucky, I had a great grandmother that lived past the century mark. We have pics of her, together with 4 generations of her decedents, so that is 5 generations.

I don't think we will see much more of that, as not many people get married at 13, like my Great granny did.

Cheers!

I don't think we will see much more of that, as not many people get married at 13, like my Great granny did.

Cheers!

you`re forgettin` about the ozarks stu.....here it`s okay to marry family at 13:rolleyes:

nice picture travis! how`s your great uncle feel about digital pictures? my granny is 95 and enjoys playing on the `puter (but it outsmarts her too, must be in the genes)

What a special picture, Travis. One of my most-treasured photos is a picture of my grandmother, my father, me, and my son at about 20 months--four generations.

We also had the privilege of having all four generations on both sides of the family at my first grandson's christening. Those pictures are precious.

Nancy (101 days)