DeWalt DW7657 (sort of) for $25 shipped

scott spencer

The Series 60 DW7657 40T was DeWalt's answer to the Forrest WWII 40T. It's considered to be a true dark horse and stellar performer by many, myself included. Some changes have occurred since B&D bought Pentair, which put DW and Delta under the same corporate umbrella. The DW series 60 appears to be changing to, or at least expanding to include the Delta Industrial line. Many of the DW Series 60 blades are now badged as a top line Delta blades. Ie: the DW7657 is now available as a Delta 35-7657.

Amazon's been having a 20% off promo for the past week or so. When combined with regular sale prices, some incredible deals pop up. I considered the DW7657 to be a pretty solid bargain @ $50. Amazon is currently offering the 9" version of the 7657 (the Delta 35-7656) for $25 shipped. I'd prefer it to be a 10", but at $25 shipped, the price is too good IMHO to not post about it. It should have very similar performance to the DW7657...you'll give up 1/2" height capacity, blade tip speed will be slightly slower, and the attack angle will be slightly steeper. 40T, C4 carbide, 20 degree hook, full 1/8" kerf, made in the UK.

So if you've ever wondered what all the fuss about the WWII is, but just can't part with $75-$110 for a blade, here's a taste of that performance for the price of a big box cheapo.

51iW8bUHqYL._SS500_.jpg

I"m sorry Scott, I just can't get it to come up as $25 total. I'm afraid that I"m going to have to pass on this one since I can only get the final total to come up as $24.31 and NOT the $25 that you posted.

Maybe next time...................

(It's on its way, thanks. :D)

I"m sorry Scott, I just can't get it to come up as $25 total. I'm afraid that I"m going to have to pass on this one since I can only get the final total to come up as $24.31 and NOT the $25 that you posted.

Maybe next time...................

(It's on its way, thanks. :D)

Oops...sorry. Forgot to mention the $0.69 finder's fee! :rofl:

My first amazon purchase - $24.31 here as well, although the displayed price changed a bunch of times up and down between the browsing window and the final checkout confirmation window.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to get together with Ned and do a head to head this vs his $64 WWII. Maybe with the super saver free shipping time we'll get his roof raised before my blade gets here. :rofl:

Mine arrived today. Rather quick shipping, given it was free - 8 days from order to arrival.

The blade itself arrived without any sort of tooth protection (all of the other blades that I have purchased have come with some sort of polymer (rubber / plastic) protecting the teeth during transit). Initial inspection shows the teeth to be in good order, though rather dirty with lots of fibers stuck to teeth and gullets.

Haven't had a chance to use it yet though.

New Deal

Scott,
The 10"/40T Delta 35-7657 is now $42.85 + free shipping at Amazon.

By the way, what is the difference between the 40 series and 60 series of the Dewalt DW7657 10 40T? The pics on Amazon show a 40 series blade priced at $39.99. Is the hook angle lower on this version?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

Scott,
The 10"/40T Delta 35-7657 is now $42.85 + free shipping at Amazon.

By the way, what is the difference between the 40 series and 60 series of the Dewalt DW7657 10 40T? The pics on Amazon show a 40 series blade priced at $39.99. Is the hook angle lower on this version?

Thanks in advance,
Dick

Series 60 uses C4 carbide vs C3...could be a few other minor upgrades, but I dunno the specifics. :dunno: It looks to me that the Series 40 has recently morphed into the new Precision Trim "PT" series with the bright yellow coating.
51QX5538W2L._AA280_.jpg

Unless I mis-remembered the part number when I saw it tonight, I'm pretty sure the 35-7657 is also now available at Lowes for $39.99.

You got it right Matt....nice deal on a top shelf full kerf general purp blade. :thumb:

Last edited:
Scott,
I picked up the latest version of the DW7657 at a really good price. It looks exactly like the Delta version except that it says DeWalt. Even the expansion slots/squiggles seem to be the same. It has a 20* hook angle, C4 carbide, and no yellow coating. I already have a 24T and 60T blade from Freud so this will be my general purpose blade.

FYI-Delta sharpening services seem to very reasonable:

$16-25 (depending on number of teeth...$18.50 for a 40T) and $2 per tip (max 3 replaced)