Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milwaukee Jig saw opinion?

Question Milwaukee Jig saw opinion?

Does anyone have an opinion on the Milwaukee 6268-21 jig saw?
    Thanks
    Dennis

I do not have their jigsaw but I have several Milwaukee tools and they are teriffic. I would not hesitate to get that saw if I needed one at this time. I see that it got five stars over on Amazon. Last year there were a lot of threads on jigsaws on several forums and I do not remember one single negative report on the MIlwaukees.

This guy, Tom Hintz, gives what I think are fair reports and here is one on the 6268. http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/m6268jgsawrvu.html

Grab it and let us know how you like it.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 09-13-2007 at 04:08 AM.

I have 2 Milwaukees a corded drill and an angle grinder. I love them both.

As far as jigsaws go I got the Bosch 1590, and I love that too. My only complaint is that the metal front gets pretty hot after mild use. Still I get glass smooth cuts every time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Basically what I'm saying is Milwaukee is great, so I doubt you'd be disappointed, but the Bosch is another good choice you might want to consider.

EDIT: Actually looking at that link that Allen Bookout posted, I'm not sure which I'd buy if I was in the buying stage right now. I know I'd definitely give the Milwaukee some serious consideration at the very least.
    Last edited by Allen Grimes; 09-13-2007 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allen Grimes View Post
    As far as jigsaws go I got the Bosch 1590, and I love that too. My only complaint is that the metal front gets pretty hot after mild use. Still I get glass smooth cuts every time and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

EDIT: Actually looking at that link that Allen Bookout posted, I'm not sure which I'd buy if I was in the buying stage right now. I know I'd definitely give the Milwaukee some serious consideration at the very least.
    Like you Allen, I got a Bosch last year. It was the 1591 barrel grip. It cuts very well but there are a couple of things that I do no like about it. I would be willing to bet that I would like the Milwaukee 6268-21 better after taking a close look at it.

OK Dennis, here is a deal for you. Why don't you get the Milwaukee and if you do not like it I will trade you even steven for my Bosch 1591.
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 09-13-2007 at 04:55 AM.

bosch makes the best electric jig saw for under 250 bucks in my opinion.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Milwaukee Jig Saw

Based on Allen & Allen's comments I think I'll go with the Milwaukee
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
    I try to buy locally if I can find the tool at a reasonable price (unfortunately not usually the case) or from Amazon, where do you think the best place to get it might be?
    Thanks
    Dennis

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Thompson View Post
    where do you think the best place to get it might be?
    Thanks
    Dennis
    Steve or Tod, I cannot remember which, in an earlier thread suggested this site to compare prices. Right now it looks like Tools-Plus has the best price of the companies listed. http://www.toolseeker.com/Saws/Jigsa...p?var1=6268-21

Another place I alway check, especially for Milwaukee tools, is heavydutytools.net. They are kind of hit and miss but when they have a deal it is usually the best price around. I just took a quick look and they do not seem to have it right now.

The cool thing about living where I do is that I could buy the Milwaukee test it out and sell whichever one I don't want for full price. Tools are crazy expensive here.

Still thats not something I'd do any time soon, I got other tools to buy.

Milwaukee Jig Saw

I ordered The Milwaukee jig saw from Tools Plus
    Thanks for the help
    Dennis

Just make sure you let us know what you think.