Shadows

Les Hoste

Can someone help me. I can't bring up my shadow settings window to change my darkness, and brightness settings. I have my toolbar showing, but when I click on the settings icon, or bring down the window menu nothing happens. I have the pro 6 version, thanks in advance.

Wait I tested it again and it did work.

Les it is possible that you accidentally hid the window off screen without realizing it and now every time you open it back up it pops up off screen. Try searching the edges of your monitor for it, or maybe there is a way that you can center it back again without actually finding it.

I hope that helps, but I really don't have any other ideas if it doesn't sorry.

Last edited:
Les, so far I haven't learned anything but Allen's question is a good one. Is it possible that your Shadows dialog box got moved, say, to the bottom of the screen? Could it be hiding behind the task bar at the bottom of the screen?

Dave I looked last night, and that didn't work. I found a web site that someone said they where having the same thing happening to them. No one there could fix it either. The strange thing about it is I have the same version on my pc at work, and it works fine. It's no big deal thanks for your time, I can live with it.

Well, maybe, if it bothers you enough you could just uninstall and reinstall it. It would take a few minutes, but it would likely take care of your problem.

Well, I'm still waiting to hear from the gang at SketchUp. I'll report as soon as I learn anything.

Edited to add: Allen, that might work but I think the location of that box is held in the registry. If that's not cleared before reinstalling, it might not get rewritten. I've asked about the possibility of editing the registry and then making SU rewrite during the next session. We'll see what they say.

Last edited: