Figured Pyinma and Blackwood

Neal Addy

Finally done with a piece I started in June (before the hot weather kicked in). It's sure good to be turning again!

The base is a bit different from anything I've done before. I thought something simple would work best on this piece. It was supposed to be a perfect parabolic curve. Didn't realize how challenging that would be to do by hand. The collar is a simple 'rolled in' ring insert.

Honest critiques appreciated!

Figured Pyinma and Blackwood. 5-1/2" x 5-1/2". Finished with SAC and buffed.

img_4336.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

Last edited:
Well Neal, to be perfectly honest, I think it rocks. :bow: The simple collar and base really show off the gorgeous HF in the middle.

The only thing I'd change is the zip code it resides in. :D

That's an awesome piece Neil. The figure is outstanding, and the contrast between the vessel, collar and pedestal work very well together. The proportion is perfect as is the finish. This is as near to perfection as it gets! Thanks for sharing this VERY nice work.

Neal, I think our minds eye tells us what to expect when we first view a piece. To me, it looked like it needed a finial. However, the more I look at it the more I like it and I would be proud to display it. As usual your form and finish are perfect.