COMPROMISE!!

Jeff Horton

Doing some research looking at other entertainment centers I think we have reached a compromise. We are going to do something totally different. Unlike most men I have some taste and care about the interior design of the house. As much as I like the entertainment center we were working on, I always thought it was to big and overpowering for the room.

We got to looking at .. consoles(?) and decided that this would be better in the room. Not to mention simpler and quicker to build. My wife has a LONG list of things she wants me to build now that I proved to her I can build furniture. (sort of a double edged sword there. I want to build those Kayaks next and she wants furniture :doh:) So she really likes the quicker part.

tv2-3.jpg

Here is what I am working on now. The door design is echoed through out out house but I don't like it on here. I am going to change the door. Otherwise I like it so far. I am thinking I want to stretch the length a little. Tweak a few details. But this looks like it will be built soon

jeff, i like it...i have never been a big fan of large wall units myself...even though i always get commisioned to do them as part of my home jobs :doh:

what else did you have in mind for the doors?

by the way i liked the little brackets you used on the laundry cabs and on the first design of the tv cab, will you be using some of those brackets under the top of this cabinet?

what type of would will this one be? you may have mentioned this in the previous thread

chris

Jeff

I like that a LOT better than the other stretch alternative! Isn't compromise wonderful LOL

Chris has a great suggestion about the little brackets,..... my eye is caught by the single drawer pulls on those wide drawers, I think two on each would be more balanced.

Jay

Brackets are a MUST!! Just haven't drawn them in yet. I worked on this till late last night and finally got it looking to where I liked it so I went to bed.

Hardware was just something I found and stuck on there. I would use something more Arts and Crafts since that is what our house is.

I have some black cherry that was given to me by a neighbor, now deceased. I wanted that wood for a long time before he finally gave it to me. Now that he is gone it even more special to me. I promised him I would make something special from it. That is one of the reasons this cabinet has been so slow in coming. Wanted it just right.

As for the doors I am going to try some different designs, these are just not right. I am thinking of lowering the rail and adding a stile to the top. A cross of sorts.

I am one of those that tweaks it till I start building. :dunno:

This type of design is what I am seeing for a lot of the new big flat screens.

I also like what you have come up with. It looks like and can be treated more like a piece of furniture.

Look forward to the build details.