Wood gloat?

Might be premature as I have paid down on it, the forklift won't be back in his yard until Monday so won't have pictures until then. Bought 155 bf of cherry and 255 bf of Hard Maple plus about ten 4X4's that are cherry, walnut, maple and red oak. Oh yeah, 300 bucks put on my trailer. Now I thought I got a deal, yes, rough cut boards. Did I get burnt? :dunno:

Might be premature as I have paid down on it, the forklift won't be back in his yard until Monday so won't have pictures until then. Bought 155 bf of cherry and 255 bf of Hard Maple plus about ten 4X4's that are cherry, walnut, maple and red oak. Oh yeah, 300 bucks put on my trailer. Now I thought I got a deal, yes, rough cut boards. Did I get burnt? :dunno:

400 some odd bf for $300? ... that's what... .75c a bf? yeah, you got burned.l. NOT! Great deal!

Were you wearing a mask when you held up the wood dealer? That's not a good deal...it's borderline robbery. Congrats. (Er...congrats when it happens.) ;)

Whatcha gonna make with all that wood?

The whole deal is, this is a past student of mine that went into the logging business about 8 years ago. He not only has outgrown his 10 acres, he has branched into cutting his logs into rough sawn lumber. So, he is moving to a home base of 40 acres and setting up at least one band mill, one dimensional mill and eventually a circle mill. So this wood has sat in a stack on 4X4's with 800 bf of pine on top of it. There remains a stack of 655 bf of walnut. Think that is worth $400.00 alone? :dunno:
As to the question what am I going to do with it? Well, I have a drive thru corn crib that I am going to renovate into my woodshop so our car and truck can use the garage next winter. Then I have always wanted to finish our kitchen as well as bathroom then build a wall to wall hutch (for lack of a better term) with a sink and small refrigerator. We are a central location for the family and host a lot of birthday parties and such so would be very convient with food layout. Then, a whole bunch of pens!!!!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl:

heck you can always sell it for a profit if you don`t build with it.....lumber like everything else isn`t getting cheaper.

Unless that Walnut is all sap and/or knotty as hell and split, yeh, in all probability it is well worth $0.61 a board foot. :eek::thumb:

And, even if it is all the above, it's probably worth $0.61/bf unless it's to the level of being firewood! :rofl::wave:

Why can't *I* find wood for these prices! :huh:

And, whether you buy the walnut or not, I think the following applies...

YOU SUCK!

Last edited:
WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO, I got a you suck and it is on my birthday. What a good day!! I have another load of hay coming in next week so won't swing the walnut for a while, but am seeing the advantage of the wook working over farming with horses. Wood, sits still in shed until needed, no feed no clean up,,,,,,:dunno::eek::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: