I finally took some time tonight and set up my photo rig, so I thought I'd show a few pieces that I've finished lately. These are all made of ironbark red eucalyptus, finished with wipe-on poly, then buffed.
First, a little vase that's about 4" tall and 2 1/2" wide. Nothing real fancy going on in the wood grain...the pith is centered in the bottom, and it was a small diameter branch, so the sides are a combination of sapwood and heartwood. In hindsight I would have changed the proportions a bit, but it is what it is.
Attachment 1225 Attachment 1226
Next, a goofy-shaped little pot, about 4" high by 4" wide. I'm not real happy with the form, but it's a pretty piece of wood with some curl here and there.
Attachment 1228 Attachment 1229
And lastly, here is a little 2" by 4 1/2" bowl. The foot's a little wide, but it has a lot going on in the wood, so I figured I'd take advantage of the 10-pic limit and show a lot of different views of this one.
Attachment 1230 Attachment 1231
Attachment 1232 Attachment 1233
Attachment 1234 Attachment 1235
This red eucalyptus is spoiling me. I've gotten accustomed to the wild grain patterns. Tonight I turned a bowl out of some dried cherry I picked up this weekend, and although it's a nice enough piece of wood, the cherry was boring compared to the red eucalyptus.
Thanks for looking...comments and critiques are welcome.