Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: toy box

toy box

here`s some of that ash i got over the weekend...decided monday afternoon that maybe my son would like a toy box for his b-day that`s commin` up.
    it`s not exactly osha approved for kids with no soft close features but life ain`t osha approved either....i think he`ll do fine, the lid stay is large and clunky for ease of operation by 3 y/o paws...

Attachment 12789

Attachment 12790

Attachment 12791

Attachment 12792

Attachment 12793

Attachment 12794
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

You did this in a couple of days? It would have taken me that long to mill the stock!

Darn, you're good.

Nice chest. (That's not a come-on, so no PM's please.)
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

Quote Originally Posted by Rennie Heuer View Post

Nice chest. (That's not a come-on, so no PM's please.)
    oh baby-oh baby
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Hey Tod, I think this is only the second time I've seen you post your work on a forum. I was kinda shocked when I saw the thread.

Either way, great work. Looks safe enough to me and I'm sure your son will love it. Specially when its full of toys.

What............... no carvings..............

Nice toy chest there Tod, I'm sure your little guy is going to treasure it one day........for now, all he will want is the toys inside!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

As great as the toy box is, I want to see the wooden toys Tod makes to fill it!!!
    The build/design doesn't include a soft close, what about a shock like on minivan rear doors. Then it could go down slowly. Not only fingers, but teeth, noggins, and such take a heck of a beating from toy boxes. DAHIK

'nother wow to you, tod.

nice piece of ash.

Ken

Very well done Tod. I made one for my daughter, but it was out of cheap pine I had laying around, no dovetails and painted. The only thing it had in common with yours was no soft closure....whoops only took me one time of smashing MY fingers in it to change that.

Tod,

Looks great. I am sure your son will enjoy it.

A great looking toy chest that should become an heirloom. I hope you sign and date the bottom so that one day the great-great grand kids will know who loved 'em....
    I may be getting a little older physically but mentally I'm still tarp as a shack.