toy box

tod evans

here`s some of that ash i got over the weekend...decided monday afternoon that maybe my son would like a toy box for his b-day that`s commin` up.
it`s not exactly osha approved for kids with no soft close features but life ain`t osha approved either;)....i think he`ll do fine, the lid stay is large and clunky for ease of operation by 3 y/o paws...

MVC-560S.JPG

MVC-561S.JPG

MVC-562S.JPG

MVC-563S.JPG

MVC-564S.JPG

MVC-565S.JPG

You did this in a couple of days?:eek: It would have taken me that long to mill the stock!:rofl::rofl:

Darn, you're good. :bow:

Nice chest. (That's not a come-on, so no PM's please.):eek::laugh2::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl:

Hey Tod, I think this is only the second time I've seen you post your work on a forum. I was kinda shocked when I saw the thread.

Either way, great work. Looks safe enough to me and I'm sure your son will love it. Specially when its full of toys.

What............... no carvings.............. :eek:

Nice toy chest there Tod, I'm sure your little guy is going to treasure it one day........for now, all he will want is the toys inside! :D:D

As great as the toy box is, I want to see the wooden toys Tod makes to fill it!!! :thumb:
The build/design doesn't include a soft close, what about a shock like on minivan rear doors. Then it could go down slowly. Not only fingers, but teeth, noggins, and such take a heck of a beating from toy boxes. DAHIK

Very well done Tod.:thumb: I made one for my daughter, but it was out of cheap pine I had laying around, no dovetails and painted. The only thing it had in common with yours was no soft closure....whoops only took me one time of smashing MY fingers in it to change that. :p

Is it legal to show pictures of your chest on here? :eek:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Beautiful work Tod! :thumb:

No way in the world I could do that in a "Few Days!"

DT

Mike said it first, "heirloom". He will appreicate it more and more as the years pass. In a few years, he'll be making you stuff. :thumb:
BTW, cute kid. I saw him at the Shrine circus last spring.

Nicely done, Tod. :thumb: I suspect he'll be using that for furniture (and storage) in his first bachelor pad years down the road.

Hey! It's great to see the cobbler's son with shoes - so to speak! Now we'll see if he keeps it filled with toys, or if he decides to play in it!:D

Really nice use of the ash. The scale of the finger joints work well with the course grain.

Wes

thanks tod. that's a very clever design, and well executed i might add.

how did you do the box joints on such large pieces. at least they look like box joints.

ps. what are those cabs in the back ground of pic 3, with the jacket thrown over them...looks like some kitchen cabs to me????

chris