Oval Bat Box

Jerry Gilman

Holly, Ebony and Pink Ivory. All parts including the finial were turned on my Rose Engine. Designed after the Bell South Building Nashville aka: the Bat
Building.

Attachments

• PICT0003.JPG
    PICT0003.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 35
  • PICT0004.JPG
    PICT0004.JPG
    73.7 KB · Views: 29
  • PICT0005.JPG
    PICT0005.JPG
    75.6 KB · Views: 22
Hey Jerry, nice to see you again, I was wondering what you and your Rose Engine were up to......... and I can see quite a lot! :thumb:

Dunno the building you speak of, but that sure is one neat looking turning. How have you found the Rose Engine, have you needed to make any tweaks, or are you still figuring out even more wonderful ways to use it?

Cheers!

Cool box, Jerry. :thumb: It's still amazing to picture stuff like that coming off a lathe. Like Stu, I'd been wondering what you've been up to. Looks like the Rose Engine is keeping you off the streets at night. ;)

being new here, I wonder what the "Rose Engine" is and assume it is a special lathe. Are pics available?

by the way, the turning is beautiful.

thanks,

Mike

Mike, here is a good page on the Rose Engine, one amazing machine to be sure.

I'll bet that Jerry can fill us in more, if he can tear himself away from that neat machine! :D

Jerry, I am typically not a big fan of Rose Engine work, but if you keep making pieces like this you may change my mind !! This is actually the first Rose Engine piece that I've seen that made me say "Wow, I really like that !":thumb:

See, I told you Jerry would have a better site to take a look at!

Jonathan, I'd LOVE to make one, but that is not going to happen for sometime.... :(

Again, VERY nice work Jerry, I always love to see your work! :thumb: