Family Woodworking is the right name!

Jim Mattheiss

We planned a family trip to several events today.

We went to a local rummage sale at a local church.
We went to the Bloomsbury NJ Art Fair.
We went to the Tractor Supply Co store in Quakertown PA.
We also went to the Woodcraft store in Allentown PA.

I wanted to get some little things for the table saw I picked up on Craigslist this spring.

While I was wandering around, my wife and 11 year old daughter decided that they needed some stuff too. They got her a wood carving set and some sample basswood. She's done some soap carving in the past and wanted to try wood carving.

We bought my 8 year old son a clock insert and a kit to build a bat house. I could have built the bat house from scratch, but he liked it. We'll build the clock together this winter.

When all was said and done, they spent 3 times more money on the kids than on me. I'll just have to even it up over time.

As my son get's older, I hope he becomes interested in working with his hands with me. He's got a short attention span right now - pretty normal for an 8 year old. My daughters interest in crafts is already known. The woodworking aspect is new. She was also looking at wood burning sets. I remember doing that as a kid. Some things don't change.

Cheers

Jim Mattheiss

Last edited:
Dear Jim,
Thank you for sharing part of your life and some of your family with us. For some it has been along time and for others it is just a pleasant thought, a moment in time to enjoy your family, in our lives. Wish you well. Thanks again...:wave:
Shaz