New to this Forum

Time to introduce myself. I am a 62 year old guy who recently retired from a major aero-space company in the Seattle/Everett area. I moved away from the mad house of Seattle to Longview Washington. Six year Navy Veteran of the Viet Nam “Conflict”. Recently single, and a new comer to the woodworking world. I have a small shop with mostly inexpensive tools. I started making bird houses and planters for the LOML. I have slowly improved my skills, and have actually made some decent projects for family and friends. I am trying to expand my knowledge of all things wood working, and have, in the past few months, discovered the never ending vortex of wood turning. I see a lot of names here from other forums that I frequent, and this one seems to be on par with the WWA, which I visit daily. I probably won’t post a whole lot, as I am still much into the learning phase. So anyway, that be me.

Hey Bob! Welcome to the Family!:wave: Glad to have you here, and don't be shy about posting! We love to see what you've been making and there are plenty of people to provide answers to questions!

Hey Bob, welcome to the Family!

Thanks for your service to your fine country!

"Aero-space company" eh? :D

I've seen a lot of impressive work from employees, or former employees of such aero-space companies, I'm sure you will be no different, so, if you can, show us some of your stuff, please!

We love pics and learn a great deal from them, shop set up, tool stations, projects, heck, even blown up projects, always something to learn, or an neat idea or two to borrow :thumb:

Again, welcome to the family! :wave:

Hi Bob

Thanks for joining and introducing yourself. Don't hesitate to post, we all learn from each other and sometime I surprise myself on my ability to contribute! :rofl:

You will find this is a very good group of people who respect each other and are always helpful.

As Stu says........ pictures always welcome!

Jay

Bob, Bob here to welcome you.

The rule of the house is post once per year to keep your membership. :rofl:

The coffee pot is on

Welcome from Texas!

Hello Bob,

Welcome to the addiction, we're glad to have you here. :D You will find that woodturning can become an all consuming passion. Good thing you're retired, you'll have lots of time to spend in the vortex!

Welcome Bob. Sounds like you'll fit right in. Don't let being new hinder your posts. You'll find that beautiful fully accomplished pieces exist here but, are not the only thing we all talk about. We cover everything from federal card tables to what kind of outlet boxes to use in the shop. It's a lot of fun and covers a wide range of interest and skill levels. Once again, welcome.

Welcome aboard. I'm fairly new here myself and the worst thing about the folks here is that they drool too much while awaiting pictures to be posted - so I hope you can get back with some pics in order to prevent mass-dehydration! :rofl: