Interesting website thought I'd pass along

Doug Shepard

In Memorium
Dont know if any of you have heard of a site called http://www.meetup.com/
I hadn't until a couple of days ago. I stumbled across it while searching for doggie bark parks in the area. Anyway, this appears to be a hookup site for groups of all sorts of interests (not just dog related) to meet and set up get-togethers. I signed up for notifications for off-leash dog activity meetings in my area and also inquired about an existing group in a suburb about 20 minutes from here. Got OK'ed to join that group and they've got a group romp planned at one of the organizers homes in a few weeks. So 3 days after signing up, China has a hot date planned. So far 7-8 mutts have RSVP'ed, but past events they've had appear to average around 12-13. Pretty slick little site.

Sounds like one of those dating services like Yahoo Personals or something. :) Be VERY wary, the ex-wife signed me up on one of those things when we got divorced and within a week I found someone. Within the year I was married again. Yep, had two different wives the same year. As I said be wary!! :)

Travis
It's a wierd little site. While you can do dating stuff through there, you'd be just as likely to find meetup groups for practicing your Italian, Fly-Tieing, HotRodding, etc. How's your quilting skills?:D