Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to post automatic downloading pics

How to post automatic downloading pics

Hi there.

I've seen that some members post their pics in a way that instead of appearing the thumbnails in their post, it is the whole picture that appears.

I'd like to know how is it done and if there is some sort of forum regulation against it or in under which circumstances should or shouldn't be used?

I've looked at the tutorial but I haven't been able to see how is it done.

Moreover, is it possible to mix full size pics with thumbnails on the same post?

Thanks
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Tony, I use a remote host such as photobucket (free account). Upload my pictures there. Then in the message box where I am posting here I do it like this.

[img]copy and paste url from photobucket or wherever[/img]

And that is all that there is to it. I see no reason that you could not use thumbnails along with it but have never tried. I will leave forum rules to someone else but never had a problem.

After you set up an account at a remote host and upload some pictures it will become clear. Each picture has it's own URL.

Good Luck! Allen
    Last edited by Allen Bookout; 09-24-2007 at 01:29 PM.

Thanks Allen.

As I do not have any URL or FTP site to store my pics I think, that my posts will have to continue being through thumbnails.
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Tony,

Just sign up here for a free account at photobucket , then upload some pictures and then you will have a URL for each picture. I am pretty sure that you can use it in Spain. Here is their site.

http://photobucket.com/register.php?ref=login

The only problem with hosting your pictures at photobucket or another site is that if that site ever goes down, the pictures are lost from here. It's much better to load them here as thumbnails--then they will always be here. A lot of times the pictures uploaded from a url don't show up either, for some reason. Just a little red X in a box shows up.
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Toni Ciuraneta View Post
    Thanks Allen.

As I do not have any URL or FTP site to store my pics I think, that my posts will have to continue being through thumbnails.
    I think that is OK Toni. I always recommend folks post their pics on the forum. That way a year from now when I go back to a member's post that I really liked, I can still see the pics.

If you remote-host the pics they can become lost, unsupported, removed, etc. If you post them here it helps to build our community of intellectual property.
    Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
    - Arthur C. Clarke

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    I think that is OK Toni. I always recommend folks post their pics on the forum. That way a year from now when I go back to a member's post that I really liked, I can still see the pics.

If you remote-host the pics they can become lost, unsupported, removed, etc. If you post them here it helps to build our community of intellectual property.
    something not well known is that at family woodworking you own your intellectual content, at most other forums you give up all rights to what you post
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

Thanks Glenn and Nancy.

BTW Glenn, or any moderator around, you talk about intelectual property, how are this issues handled in the forum?

Is there any, rule, law or anything related that I should know, or somwhere on the forum that speaks about that?

thanks
    Best regards,
    Toni

Hi Tod.

You were faster than me, I seems as if you've read my mind, please disregard my last post.

Not this one! the one was last before this!

Sorry just kidding
    Best regards,
    Toni

toni, here`s a quote from the coc;

All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, or any other materials whatsoever ("content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that each forum member, and not the staff of Family Woodworking, is entirely responsible for all content that he or she uploads, posts, e-mails or otherwise transmits via the Family Woodworking site.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]