Wood Gloat?

Well, as the pictures will show, picked up my wood purchase yesterday. Posting two enticing pictures. Make some guesses as to cost. Will tell you, on the trailer is 2,358 BF of banded rough sawn lumber. Assorted 4X4's 12' long were thrown in as were the 4X4's used as stackers. Will check back later and post the individual pictures if you are interested. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Truck and Trailer.JPG
    Truck and Trailer.JPG
    54.4 KB · Views: 61
  • Trailer.JPG
    Trailer.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 84
i`ll venture a guess of 600 bucks based on a few posts last week?
can you make the pics large enough to see?

Here are close ups of the markings of each individual banded stack and what they contain.

Attachments

• ????  Wood.JPG
    ???? Wood.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 52
  • Beech.JPG
    Beech.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Cherry.JPG
    Cherry.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
Stu, yep, going to be somewhat of a job stickering all of it, but man, won't have to feed it or clean up after it after it is shedded!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tod, right on the money, $600.00 total for the load and he loaded it on the trailer. By my calculations about $0.2544 per board foot.

Joe, right away, will get some of the pine boards off of the trailer and then get the load tarped. Will make the stickering boards from the pine then get it unloaded and stickered in a shed. As I am stacking the load in a shed, will be looking for some nicely figured pieces for some pens and turning projects. Eventually want to make a nice headboard with shelves and such as well as a buffet/hutch in the dining room complete with dry sink. Otherwise, figure it is as good an investment or better than money in the bank.

Not included in the total board foot measurements are the dozen or so 4X4's of assorted hard woods including red oak, and they are 12' long.

Yep, happy, will be hard to live with once put away correctly and marked appropriately.

And I want to know where you came by this haul!!! $.25 a bd/ft!!!:eek::eek:
YEP, YOU SUCK!

I thought we were doing good at $1. for red oak and $2.10 for maple!! :dunno::dunno:

Nancy (88 days)

jonathon, i'l be by to get that walnut for my kitchen, thanks for having him deliver it for me, that's just the right amount....:thumb:

kidding aside, great haul. i wish i could find a deal like that. but then, where would i put it all..:huh:

chris

Congrats, Jonathan. Chris brings up a good point. Not only were you fortunate to find the lumber at a killer price, you actually have a place to store it all, too. Double bonus. :thumb: