Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: .

Steve Clardy Guest

Last edited by Steve Clardy; 09-10-2008 at 04:49 PM.

So next Thursday's post will be the "After" shots?

I wish my kitchen looked as good as that. Oh well. A project for some future day.

please keep us posted. More pictures!!
    “We all die. The goal isn't to live forever; the goal is to create something that will.” - Chuck Palahniuk

What do you do with cabinets like that when you remove them? They don't look all that bad. Would make some really nice shop cabinets for someone I would think.

looking forward to pics of the finished project steve

did you buy or make the susans??

chris

Gee whiz Steve, those would be an upgrade for us! Can't wait to see the new cabs!

Wes

Hey Steve, when you go back to put the toe kicks in, how about taking a real good look at that Bamboo flooring and give us a little "what you think about it" Report on it, including the brand name on it. (you might guess, my LOML saw some somewhere and has been making rumblings and the only thing I know is that some have reported good luck and some reported VERY BAD luck with it).

It would be nice if you could get those cabinets for your shop.

steve, i don't blame you at all for not making them. sometimes it comes down to doing what is smarter money wise. and if they are nice then what is the difference. I am sure the customer just wants them to work.

thanks
    chris

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Hitt View Post
    Hey Steve, when you go back to put the toe kicks in, how about taking a real good look at that Bamboo flooring and give us a little "what you think about it" Report on it, including the brand name on it. (you might guess, my LOML saw some somewhere and has been making rumblings and the only thing I know is that some have reported good luck and some reported VERY BAD luck with it)
    Norman,

Fellow I know works at the local Big Box, and he strongly (though quietly, in case a manager was around ) advised us to NOT consider Bamboo. The reason is that it is so hard that the installation is tough. The installers that work for them will no longer do bamboo, because of that.

Weird, I know, as so many places are touting bamboo as an environmental choice, since it is so fast growing... yet if the installation is murder, well that is up to you.

Steve,
    1. How many guys help you with a job like this? I cannot imagine doing the entire thing on my own!
    2. Did you make all the doors for the new cabs, or did you order them?
    3. Did you do all the finishing on the new ones too?
    Thanks!

Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Clardy View Post
    ...He said he was going to help.
    Hopefully just for the tearout.
    Well, I might make one suggestion: Tell him/her that you need about 100 shims sanded, from 80 grit to 600 grit, all fine-sanded by hand. Tell him/her that this is to get THE best installation possible. Then send him/her outside, to sand on a narrow saw horse. That should keep him/her out of the way for a while.

I hope it works...

I look forward to share photos of the dismantling, and of the installation.

Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms