Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A few past projects

A few past projects

As requested in the introduction area, here are three of the things I have made for others. THe first is a couple of loungers I made for LOML's daughter and son-in law. They were my first real successes. The second is a key cabinet made for my sister. It was a real challenge for me, but came out good. The third is a watch display box for my son. I wanted to make the carcas thinner, but he wanted it heavy. That's what he got.

They look great Bob, the watch cabinet would surely show off his collection of watches nicely!

Cheers!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Nice stuff Bob, I like the key cabinet, all my keys are hanging on simply nails in the cellar, have to do something about that sometimes.

Ad

nice projects bob, and welcome to the family!!

chris

Add another from me, Bob. Thanks for showing the pics, and welcome to the clubhouse.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro. - Hunter S. Thompson
    When the weird get going, they start their own forum. - Vaughn McMillan

workingwoods.com

Bob

the projects look great, thanks for the post!

Welcome

Jay

Thanx for the compliments. I may have agrred to make something that is really gonna chalenge my skills and tools. LOML wants me to make a hope chest for her grand-daughter. I told her that there is no way I can get it done for the wedding or for Christmas. The wedding is December 15th. I can't even decide what wood to use. Ah, well, I guess we all need a challege once in awhile.

Good job! Bob. what wood did you use for the cabinet and box? Walnut? I'm quite bad at identifying woods.

Just a question, the letters on the cabinet are they branded? or you did you carve them? They look great!
    Best regards,
    Toni

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _________________
    web site:http://www.toniciuraneta.com
    I also dream of a shop with north light where my hands can be busy, my soul rest and my mind wander...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Berthiaume View Post
    I told her that there is no way I can get it done for the wedding or for Christmas. The wedding is December 15th. I can't even decide what wood to use. Ah, well, I guess we all need a challege once in awhile.
    Nice work... You can get it done, just tell her you won't be able to do any other house related chores until it is done as you will have to spend every free moment in the shop. This line of thinking hasn't worked for me yet, but I still think it is worth pursuing.
    Mini Max Tool Acquisition Mediator.
    "An old man to most kids and a young man to those who are dead."

www.samantics2.com

The wood in the two boxes is walnut. The engraving, my sister's initials, was done by a local trophy store.

I am very fortunate, the LOML has no objection to me working in the shop for as many hours as I want. Caan't ask for more than that.