WOw, my kind of job!

Jeff Horton

It's only one day and just a couple of hours, but I get to inspect a Dairy Queen building in the morning! Will have to make sure that a Chocolate Milk Shake Machine and ice cream dispensers are working properly! :D:D:D:D

Great ideas!! And the new owners are tying to keep their DQ franchise hence the inspection, so they will probably not argue with me either. I am sure when I come down off the roof that I need something cold..... :rofl: Some days I love my job!

Better make sure there is the right amount of strawberries and malt in the strawberry malts.....might even make it a large just to be sure.

Back when I was a youngster I drove a laundry/linen truck, and one of the places I 'got' to service was the local IHOP. It was a lotta years before I could eat in an IHOP after that. :eek:

Be sure to post back if you decide to never eat at a DQ again. ;)

Well you know how sometimes dreams turn into nightmares? Well this was no dream job. All work no freebies either.

Here it is the end of September and we are in the low 90's and it humdid as heck out there. The manager was a VERY young person. Might be 20 but I doubt it. Didn't know anything other than the owner said they needed the building inspected. Didn't really seem interested, just wanted me to do my job so she could mark it off her list I think. A/C unit is apparently out in the back of the store, at least I couldn't make it work and they didn't have a clue when I asked. :rolleyes:

When I got done I just left. Didn't even buy a shake, I just wanted some A/C to blow on me. Such a let down, but at least the pay is good, real good! Just a shame I can't do 3 of 4 of these a day. Even without the Ice Cream.

Kirk, it was cleaner than I expected. Like most commercial Restaurants the floors were pretty dirty, but the food doesn't get served off the floor. It's still fairly new, Less than 5 years, but the last time I ate in there I said I wouldn't come back. It wasn't bad, just seemed they had perfected mediocre! when it first opened up it was great food, but it went down hill. Maybe the new owners have improved it.