Gonna be gone for a bit....

You probably know the old saying about "what you do with the dash", meaning what did you do with your life here on Earth. It sounds like this young man did a good bit with his dash - influenced a lot of lives in positive way.

I heard a sermon preached one time that was along these lines and was entitled, "How Are You Going To Die?" I think about it often and ask myself what kind of impact am I making on the lives of those around me?

I just helped with the funeral of a very dear friend of my family. An 84-year old godly woman who was a lady in every regard. It was very inspiring to me to hear all the comments made in side conversations about what a powerfully positive woman she was. Her influence will be around for a long time.

Situations like this are tough, Steve, but it is good to share like you have here because it gives us all a nudge to stop and think about some things.

As you say, the impact of losing one so young is unfathonable unless you have experienced it. Our son was 27 when we lost him. The pain remains forever. But the memories also live forever. Condolences to you and the entire family.

Yep Frank, we lost our daughter "Kristen" 22 years ago....pain has never left.

Nothing harder than burying your children....my condolences to you brother for your loss.