Thread: Oak Shelf unit Yes I do do some wood

Oak Shelf unit Yes I do do some wood

Yes I do do some wood working on occasion. even some flat work. My sister and her husband sold the house, bought a 1 ton and 32 foot fifth wheel and moved into it. Like a woman she immediately had to remodel There was some wasted space around the kitchen table. She was lacking a place to set her printer. We unbolted the table from the floor so it could be moved out if needed, don't worry there are tie downs in the floor so it can be secured. I whipped up this bookshelf over the course of a couple days. Sent her to the sawmill since I was working and had her pick out some rough sawn red oak, and a piece of 1/4 inch ply for the back. Since we where on a schedule it was nothing fancy. Assembled the whole thing with pocket screws.

Some minwax golden oak stain a few coats of sprayed on Magne lac pre cat lacquer and color me done. The left here and went to a show/convention/get together for campers in Indiana. She gave my number to several people who saw it.

No laughing at my ugly mug
    Last edited by Robert Mickley; 09-28-2007 at 12:41 AM. Reason: fixed my spelling

Hey, that is great, love the use of space, I'm real sensitive to space issues, and this is great solution for sure!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Hi Robert,
    Real nice project, and you knocked it out soon too. Looks real functional and space saving. More!!!!!!!!!! More!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks, Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Great use of the space, Robert. I could use something like that in the motor home------if I was ever going to use the motor home again.And it looks like your sister has a good eye for lumber. That's some pretty oak!

Nancy (81 days)
    Nancy Laird
    dandnspecialties@msn.com
    FWW Registered Voter and Voting Member
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!!

A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to his country for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' If you love your country, thank a vet.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Mickley View Post
    ...No laughing at my ugly mug

Nice work!
    Mini Max Tool Acquisition Mediator.
    "An old man to most kids and a young man to those who are dead."

www.samantics2.com

Thanks guys, I did another piece in the bedroom but my sister has failed to mail me the pictures yet

Shaz, I can get motivated. When some one is standing over me cracking the whip.

Winter is coming so hopefully I can get some more shop time in.