Another successful launch and intercept!

Bruce Page

A team of my coworkers have been up in Kodiak, Alaska for the last few weeks setting up for yesterday’s launch of our target vehicle. (they only send me up there in the dead of winter…) :rolleyes:
The funky looking “skin” is a heater blanket to help keep the missile & payload warm while it is sitting on the pad. The blanket peels away during liftoff.

This is a link to some launch video and the actual intercept using IR video. It’s pretty impressive when you consider that each vehicle is traveling at +15,000 MPH.
http://www.mda.mil/vids/Sept_28_2007_Interceptvideo.wmv

Attachments

• ftg03a_1AA.jpg
    ftg03a_1AA.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
A team of my coworkers have been up in Kodiak, Alaska for the last few weeks setting up for yesterday’s launch of our target vehicle. (they only send me up the in the dead of winter…) :rolleyes:
The funky looking “skin” is a heater blanket to help keep the missile & payload warm while it is sitting on the pad. The blanket peels away during liftoff.

This is a link to some launch video and the actual intercept using IR video. It’s pretty impressive when you consider that each vehicle is traveling at +15,000 MPH.
http://www.mda.mil/vids/Sept_28_2007_Interceptvideo.wmv

That is some really kewel video. And they don't waste any time making it available. Who's the guy that rides the rocket and films the launch? :huh:;):eek::D That's not your job is it Bruce? ;):rofl::rofl:

I guess it's getting close to the time for you to make another trip then, eh?:wave::rofl::rofl:

Karl

Very, very cool Bruce. Thank you so much for sharing that - I have a bunch of questions I'd like to ask but I suspect that you'd have to kill me if you told me the answers:):thumb:

VERY neat video Bruce. I gotta say, you have a cool job, time spent in Alaska nonwithstanding. :D Thank you to you, and your coworkers, for the work you do to help keep our nation safe and secure. Awesome stuff, that's for sure! :)

Bruce

Thanks for the post and links, very cool indeed. Now, if I could only be that accurate with my dovetails!

Jay

Somebody stayed up a lot of late nights figuring out how to make that all work. Great video Bruce...must be a great team to be a part of. A lot of cool stuff happens around Sandia, Los Alamos, and White Sands. I've had ties with all three places through family and friends for most of my life.