Entertainment center

Shaz,

In answer to your questions the space above the tv is just an open shelf and the tv fits right up to the front of the frame. The angled cabinet on the side is also open with drawers at the bottom. The shelves will probably be glass. THe cabinet on the right will house all the electronics and will have exhaust fans drawing air out the top. I-ll have a couple of vents on the back at the bottom for incoming air. I'm going to leave a 5 inch gap at the top of the entire piece and use crown to cover all except the last 1" . This should allow enough space to let the heat out. Also I'm planning on putting a light rope on top. I have already drawn a full scale on paper on my floor in the garage and I didn't see any problems. ( I should emphasis I didn't see any problems :dunno: ) The only change I made was the door on the right cabinet went to a 3 inch styles. It just looked better. I like the idea of making the shelve on the floor to check for usage. I only have 122" to work with and the tv cabinet is fixed by the tv and the electronics cabinet is fixed by the electronics. I just used what was left for the angled cabinet. I was thinking about cherry with the doors a burl inlay of some sort. Any ideas in this area would be helpful. I have a nice picture in sketchup showing how it fits in the room but I can't figure out how to convert it to a usable file that will up load.

I finally figured out how to convert the file to a jpeg. Here is what it will look like in the room. I need a little help with the following

1) Other then the flutes which front pieces should be solid lumber.

2)Should the crown be straight across or should I rap around the fluted columns like in the picture.

3) will it look ok if the styles around the tv and around the right cabinet are different sizes. Currently the tv is 4 and the cabinet is 3

4) same question about the rails. I kept them the same size to make the lines match up. I think the cabinet door would look better if the rail was 6.

As always any help is appreciated :)

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee134/GeneMiller/completewithwalls.jpg