Veritas Straight Edge Surprise

glenn bradley

I went down to my Dad's to help him with his computer yesterday :type:. Despite knowing little about these instruments of the devil :eek:, I applied my guaranteed Windows PC fix :huh:.

No, I didn't throw it out the upstairs window, I blew it's brains out and rebuilt it from scratch :thumb:.

As a thank you I was surprised with this for my efforts:

Straight-Edge.jpg

A 36" Veritas steel straight edge (the ruler is just for scale). :D :D :D

Last edited:
You spent 3 months teaching your Dad Linux and all you got was the straightedge? :rofl:

I'm glad you were able to have a good thank you present for such a time consuming, irritating task - even if it was just a Windows reinstall.

Hey Glenn, good on you for helping your Dad, and a nice present for sure, but...........

Maybe dear old Dad is trying to tell you something....... :eek:

Better check them machines with that new toy! :D

I secretly believe that he knows that he will be able to borrow it anytime he likes. Speaking of that, he just ordered a WorkSharp system . . . . hmmmmm.

Rennie,

I am sure you are better off with your real father. I was too dumb and naive to be a good father. I mean---look how my kids turned out.

Sorry for the late response, I just saw this post.

Enjoy,

Jim
:rofl::rofl:
Oh, I don't know. Glenn looks a bit rough around the edges, but he's a woodworker so he can't be all bad. :rofl::rofl: