Bored?

Dave Richards

If you are, here's a SketchUp quickie for you. The video part of it is less than two minutes so it won't keep you out of trouble all evening but maybe it's a start. :D

Bow Front Cabinet

5 points if you can identify the music.

Last edited:
I'll say that is a quickie! Looking good, but I've got a long way to go to learn that stuff, I haven't a clue about the music, but I bet Marty Walsh can give us a hand.

If you are, here's a SketchUp quickie for you. The video part of it is less than two minutes so it won't keep you out of trouble all evening but maybe it's a start. :D

Bow Front Cabinet

5 points if you can identify the music.

Hmm... the slide is nice ... is that a lap slide? I suppose it could be a 6-string, too ... just screams lap slide to me.

No clue ... I'd be surprised if i knew who it was (like Robert Randolph ... or Ry Cooder ... ) But now that I've heard it, I like it :D

This is great stuff Dave. I have not yet fully embraced SU yet; too many years with Visio and the 2D world. I am endeavoring to convert. Keep 'em coming.

Hello Dave, that was a great video. I love Sketchup and have learned so much watching yours. Can you tell me what you use to create your videos? Thanks, Ron

Thank you gentlemen.

Glenn, get in touch when you're ready to really dive into SketchUp. I'll help you get it set up and hopefully get you off on the right foot.

Ron, thank you. I use a program called SnagIt to do the video captures.

And since no one guess it, the guitar player is Joe Satriani. ;)

Thank you gentlemen.

Glenn, get in touch when you're ready to really dive into SketchUp. I'll help you get it set up and hopefully get you off on the right foot.

Ron, thank you. I use a program called SnagIt to do the video captures.

And since no one guess it, the guitar player is Joe Satriani. ;)
Hi Dave, :wave:
When Glenn decides to start from scratch and learn sketch up I would like to ride along. I may not have as much time to devote to it as Glenn, ( assuming Glenn has a lot of time:rolleyes:) but it is the American way with "No child ( slow sketchup learner ) left behind!"...That as I read it means ME!!:) Maybe we could have a 1 hour a week class with homework? Do you do Pay pal? :eek::D
Oh and by the way, since no one knew the guitar player it may not be Joe Satriani:eek:, You may be pulling our legs, maybe it is Biff Miandrogucci, or Phil Diandrofloss:dunno:. :rofl::rofl::rofl: Before I sign off, It was a very good video, I wish there was a second that was about 15 minutes long with you explaining exactly what you did. Thank you for giving of your time to help so many!:thumb:
Your friend,
Shaz