Ornaments

Curt Fuller

I have a feeling I'll be tired of Christmas before it ever gets here this year. I turned a dozen ornaments this weekend. Most were just mediocre but these two looked pretty good to me.

Apricot & Blackwood
ApricotBlackwood1.jpg

BoxElder & Redheart Bell
BoxElderRedheart1.jpg

Curt those are beautiful. I like them both especially the second one of box elder and redheart. We must have the same mind set. I made 4 mini birdhouse ornamets, 1 fancy ornament and 6 regular ornaments. I will be posting some pictures later as they are in the process of being finished. I have made 18 in the last two weekends.

Very nice, Curt. :thumb: I especially like the natural edge box elder bell. it looks perfect.

You guys keep doing this, I may have to try my hand at it. I'll bet I could sell a few at the show I'm planning to do in November. (And I have some fairly dry bubinga and madrone burl that would provide some nice ornament bodies.)

Looks great Curt, really nice!

Bernie, come on, you know better, no pics.............. didn't happen...... :rofl:

For me, I was of the same mindset as well, but all of mine blew up, so there will be NO film at eleven :doh:

Cheers!

Curt,

Those ornaments are truly beautiful!!

Nice job!

Denise (she who is hoping to put a lathe in a corner of the shop in the future... :))

Curt

Those look great!

Denise, I saw that shop, given the size of those corners you can put a BIG lathe in there! :rofl:

Jay

Gari, I hope this is what you meant. It's just basically a small bell shaped, round bottomed bowl/cup with a hole for the handle. The handle is just a small spindle. I drill a 1/4" hole in the cup for the handle and a 1/16" hole in each end of the handle to attach a hanger on the top and a dinger on the bottom. I don't have a dinger in this one yet but I use a small brass jingle bell hung on a piece of fancy embroidery thread.

Pete, this is African Blackwood and it's already black as black gets. I got this a while back while at craftsupplies in a bargain bin for dirt cheap. When I run out I'll probably go to ebonizing or dying some other wood black.

Thanks everyone!

Attachments

• Box Elder & Redheart 2.jpg
    Box Elder & Redheart 2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 9