Wolverine flat tool jig

Dave McGeehan

Has anyone tried and have any comments regarding the Wolverine flat tool sharpening jig? I'm mostly interested in using it to grind the initial bevel on my plane irons. I use a LV Mark II on my waterstones for the microbevel. I was going to buy the LV grinding setup but I was also looking at the Wolverine grinding jig to use on my turning gouges and figuered if I bought the Wolverine grinding jig, I might as well buy their flat tool jig as long as there aren't many negative comments from the users.

Thanks,
Dave McGeehan

Dave,

I also bought it, for exactly the same reason you want to buy it. It works GREAT! It saves me time, and most of the time I can put on the micro bevel by hand, using Scary Sharp, instead of using any kind of jig.

What a time-saver this flat tool jig is!

Thanks for the info, AL. Since I have no need for the Wolverine's honing feature plus the fact that the Wolvering flat tool jig is about $18 more than the Veritas grinding setup, and I also like the way the Veritas tool rest wraps around the grinding wheel, I'm thinking of combining the Veritas with the Wolverine grinding setup. This way I have the best of both worlds for my turning tools and my plane irons.

Dave