Mr. Ablett . . .

HI Steve

17 years and 52 days plus or minus a few hours :D

Frank, your cousin..... :huh: :dunno:

Sorry, I forget, was I supposed to meet up with someone?

Cheers! :wave:

Burning . . .

I make precision wood models of millitary equipment and peddle them off at the Fort Bliss Gift Shop. This is about the only place ( White Sands & Mcgregor Ranges ) that you can still shoot Air Defense. Well the Japanese come in to shoot Hawk and Nike / Herc ADA this time of year and wipe me out! I don't paint them. Just a LOT of clear poly. Our burning question is . . . is wood that dear or scarce there ? I'd like to think its my artistry but they also clean out the " Arts & Crafts Fair " thats held this time of year of all " things wood ". Just one of those cosmic questions we were pondering.

AND I agree, the other burning cosmic question is how The Yank wound up there !

Hey Steve,
Stu will certainly give you a much more expert answer than I can, but here's something that might be relevant...

My wife used to work in Appalachian Spring, a chain of high end craft stores than only sell stuff made in America. Japanese visitors were good customers. They were looking for stuff that was made in America and was unique for presents when they returned home. They only bought the best crafted stuff, so you have indeed earned a complement.:thumb:

I say this in jest.:D

Stu went to Japan to partake in Martial Arts & the lady he married told him she would kick one of his cheeks off if he didn't marry her & her mother said she would take care of the other cheek for him if he didn't marry her daughter.:doh::D:wave::rofl:

I make precision wood models of millitary equipment and peddle them off at the Fort Bliss Gift Shop. This is about the only place ( White Sands & Mcgregor Ranges ) that you can still shoot Air Defense. Well the Japanese come in to shoot Hawk and Nike / Herc ADA this time of year and wipe me out! I don't paint them. Just a LOT of clear poly. Our burning question is . . . is wood that dear or scarce there ? I'd like to think its my artistry but they also clean out the " Arts & Crafts Fair " thats held this time of year of all " things wood ". Just one of those cosmic questions we were pondering.

AND I agree, the other burning cosmic question is how The Yank wound up there !

Hi Steve, I'd say that they just like your unique models, wood is NOT that scarce, a well crafted wooden model IS scarce!

I came over here to study Aikido, a Japanese Martial Art, for just 6 months, and now it has been over 17 years, and one more thing..............

:D:wave:

I came over here to study Aikido, a Japanese Martial Art, for just 6 months, and now it has been over 17 years, and one more thing..............

:D:wave:

Goleeeeeeeee Stu, I didn't know you were a slow learner.:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Really, I figured that you stayed because the LOYL cooked the best Fish & Rice dishes AND she owned a SAKE Store, (to go with the Fish & Rice).:D

Anyhow, for whatever reason,;) it looks like it sure worked out well and you got a nice family to boot.:thumb:

HI Steve

17 years and 52 days plus or minus a few hours :D

Frank, your cousin..... :huh: :dunno:

Sorry, I forget, was I supposed to meet up with someone?

Cheers! :wave:

His name is Henry. Back at the 'other' forum, you once asked for contact info. I sent it and you said he lives fairly near you and you would invite him over for barbeque. I'll pm you again.