Lathe on Ebay

Jeff Horton

This is not really a hot deal but this seems to the be best place to put it. I saw this Y
eBayISAPI.dll
on EBay. I have one and they are good lathes. It's a 3 phase so it will probably sell cheap. Add a VFD ($250 new, $100 or so used if you shop) and you have very low speeds, reverse, soft start and stop.

If you in the Kansas area you might want to look at it.

Jeff,

Now, that's a nice lathe. And such a deal! 100 bucks!

Now, if only we could get a nice tornado to swoop it up and fling it all the way here to inside the beltway! ;) I'm afraid Doorlink would frown on my driving all the way to Kansas... ;)

"Be right back, Honey. Just going out to pick up a little something for the shop. Need anything from the store?" ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Bill, these were popular school lathes and I see them fairly regularly for sale on EBay and other places. No doubt one would come up in your area. I had mine shipped to me and as I said, I really like mine. Would prefer a PM-90 but I don't turn enough to warrant the change. And not sure what would really gain.

Thanks for posting that. SE Kansas is a one day turn-around drive for me with my Dodge pick-up. (actually, the gasoline would cost more than the lathe :( but still worth it.) I wrote the seller asking a few questions. Definately a possibility.

I love the first ones description, single or three phase. :rofl:

Yea, guess you change the wires around to run it either way.

Frank, one thing to keep in mind on that lathe. The only off the shelf chuck that will fit it is the Oneway Strong hold. Nova doesn't make an adapter that will work. I tried them all.

Of course you can have one made. If you have a Nova chuck it might be worth the cost over buying a new OneWay.