Why People don't vote?

I would have but I guess it was too late to register...:dunno:

What no same day voter registration ? :dunno::D
Afraid of another Florida like episode ? :eek::rofl:

They're all good people and I'm sure that whoever fills the spots they'll do just fine ;):)

I voted but really did not care to as I felt that they all would be good choices and did not want to vote against anyone. I guess that it is a good thing to have all of those good choices but it makes voteing really difficult.

I voted but really did not care to as I felt that they all would be good choices and did not want to vote against anyone. I guess that it is a good thing to have all of those good choices but it makes voteing really difficult.

Hey allen, would it help if the candidates stated their political affiliation? :)

Actually, i agree with you. they are all good choices. and those who chose to run deserve a round of aplause!

Joe

Hey allen, would it help if the candidates stated their political affiliation? :)
Joe

You're right! They should let us know if they are flat or round woodworkers!:rofl: What colors would we give them? Red and blue are already taken! Then, of course, you'd have to deal with the unaffiliated who play in both parties!:eek:

Gee, growing up in Chicago, you didn't vote until the ward boss told you who to vote for - and how many times you needed to vote. Maybe those that haven't voted yet are just waiting for instructions?:D:D:D:dunno:

Just joshin, I think it's really a ploy to get better ratings on election day by rushing in at the last moment to vote.

Wes

at the risk of grandstanding,
I'm a flatlander, who has some round tendencies :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thanks to all who have helped by voting, and who can still vote and choose to do so. I think I can speak for all of the other hat-in-ring folks who say whomever gets elected the forum will be well served by those 5 new moderators.

FWIW - I think that the fact that the results to date are visible doesn't help. If you take a look and the guys that you want are already in front maybe that might reduce the desire to vote over not knowing. Just a thought:dunno:

FWIW - I think that the fact that the results to date are visible doesn't help. If you take a look and the guys that you want are already in front maybe that might reduce the desire to vote over not knowing. Just a thought:dunno:

Agree. I'm uncomfortable looking at a running total during the voting process. Same as 'exit polling' skewing national elections. I wish it hadn't been done that way. Something for the mods to consider next time around.

Hi Ian :wave:, Thanks, that makes good sense, never thought of that! ...S

Agree. I'm uncomfortable looking at a running total during the voting process. Same as 'exit polling' skewing national elections. I wish it hadn't been done that way. Something for the mods to consider next time around. Hi Frank :wave:, You are absolutely correct, wish we could change it as I think you guys have a very valid point!...S

Good point Ian, but we cannot set up a poll with the results hidden, not that I know of anyway? Hi Stu :wave:, Thanks for your input. It is important to understand that somethings, whether we like them or not may not be changeable....S

I can understand the current of this thread, in this case we have no weak candidates for moderator. Thanks to all, for signing up to serve as Moderator. The vote count will not serve to notify winners or losers, as each of you who signed up to serve have proved the fact that you are a winner in this Family...THANKS TO EACH OF YOU!!!!!!...S
Shaz...S :wave: :D

I hope we have an eventual 75% or so of registered folks vote. I would think that would qualify as an excellent turnout. My dad missed the whole thing as he is not online everyday and is still learning the navigation of the forum. I'm not sure if a mechanism other than a sticky would yield more results or not. Lord knows we all get more than enough email already ;-)

I don't have an answer to the original question of why people don't vote, but my parents always were of the persuasion, if you didn't vote, you couldn't complain, and me and my big mouth, I needed to vote!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:
Seriously, what are the typical numbers on any of the polls you usually post? Are the election results above, below or near those numbers?

I didn't et here in time, so I don't feel that I should determine that yet. Will vote in the next though!!!