SKETCHUP Template

issue

Dave,
I am trying to design a corner unit, tv stand , and I can get the general lines and dimensions, but when I try to do the 3d design.. I really mess things up.. and trying to calculate angles.. well.. that dog don't hunt if you know what I mean..

I will keep toying with it, and reading the help sections.. I am just a little slow at drafting on a computer.. I can seem to draw it quicker on paper..:huh:

I am using the free version, so maybe I need to buy the other to get more tool bars and stuff..??

Doug

Doug, the free version will be more than adequate for what you want to do. Perhaps you could send the SKP file of your corner unit to me via e-mail (from my profile) so I can see what you're seeing.

I canot seem to find the zip file mentioned in this thread, can anyone please help point me towards it?

Cheers.

I canot seem to find the zip file mentioned in this thread, can anyone please help point me towards it?

Cheers.

The file does seem to be gone from the thread. If you want to PM me your public email address I could forward it to you.

Dave, if you read this can you repost the file?

Hi Dave :wave:,
Hope you are all right!
What happened to "The pigs did an interpretive dance"? :dunno::rofl:
"Skunk Bottom".. well my word!:eek::rofl:

Thank you Robert.

I think I'm close to having the problems sorted. Either that or I'm close to pitching it into the street. :bang:

Skunk bottom: A favorite line from one of Ian's videos. The pigs are good, too.

Hopefully this evening I'll be able to upload the template file.

I finally got the file uploaded in the first post. It has a few very slight changes but nothing major. Note I also modified the location in which the file needs to be saved. This was changed in a maintenance release after I posted this.

:rofl:
I was thinking. (That is always the sign of an overworked person who still has visions or someone with unrealized dreams". :D ...Shaz :):rofl:) I'd run for the hills if I were you (There are no hills in Houston:() but if you don't here's what I was thinking. ;) My feeling about the default or even the woodworking template that is included with Google SketchUp is that they need help. (Thank you for stepping up to the plate and calling a stike a strike!:D) I have helped a number of users set up what I think is a better, more usable template. It occurred to me today that I could post my SU template file. That way, if others wanted to use it, they could simply add it. (Your kindness and willingness to share are note worthy! Hmmmm,:rolleyes: Let me write that down.:D)

So, here it is. You can download it and open it in SU to take a look at the settings I've made under Window>Model Info and Window>Display Settings. If you choose to use it, just click on File>Save as... and save the file in the Templates folder. It should be found under Google\Google SketchUp 6\SketchUp\Resources\en-US. Change the name of the file if you wish.
To use the template, Click Window>Preferences>Templates (Google SketchUp>Preferences>Templates on Mac, I believe) and choose the template file you just saved. From then on, SU will start using that template until you change it.

"Dear Dave, :wave:
This is still a small place, FWW, but your kindness and willingness to help are monumental! They supercede the size of the audience. Thanks!
Shaz :)"
P.S. I made this real big as I know you are starting to age.:eek: :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
still shaz :)

Ok, Im new, and this thread was what made me want to join. Where can I download your template?

I'm trying really hard to squeeze sketchup into my learning basket and look forward to getting some info from you Dave, get ready to be bombarded!!!!!

Hi Mike. Welcome to Family Woodworking. (I always want to type "Weedwhacking" for some reason. I must have a thing for string trimmers. :rofl:)

Click on the link in my post addressed to Fidel a few entries up. That should get you to my template.

As to bombarding me with questions, go ahead. Give it your best shot. I'll bet you won't come close to the bombardment I've gotten elsewhere. :D

:rofl:

"Dear Dave, :wave:
This is still a small place, FWW, but your kindness and willingness to help are monumental! They supercede the size of the audience. Thanks!
Shaz :)"
P.S. I made this real big as I know you are starting to age.:eek: :rolleyes: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
still shaz :)

You know Shaz, that large type does help but blue is hard to read. Could you make it puce? :rofl:

Thank you for the compliments, too.

Hi Mike. Welcome to Family Woodworking. (I always want to type "Weedwhacking" for some reason. I must have a thing for string trimmers. :rofl:)
Hey Dave:rolleyes: I think you have gone a wee bit whackie:doh::rofl:, but when I read this for some reason I understand, or just enjoy this rather weird, to some, humor you share. Thank you for being open and still very peculiar:eek::rolleyes::rofl::rofl::rofl: I do believe there is help on the horizon. :dunno::Dhmmmmmmmmmmm Ohmmmmmmmmmmm..
S :)

You know Shaz, that large type does help but blue is hard to read. Could you make it puce? :rofl:

Thank you for the compliments, too.

Even though I was renown for my color comprehension:rolleyes: , puce i snot a fave.:rofl:
Still not sure what puce or taupe/toupe? is:huh:, and when did they come up with egg shell for a sheen?:dunno: And another thing now that we are on the subject!!!!!!!!!!!!How did the primary colors change from blue-yellow-red to green-red-blue????///// Other than that, I guess I am doing okay, how are you?:D
Shaz :)

I was thinking. I'd run for the hills if I were you but if you don't here's what I was thinking. ;) My feeling about the default or even the woodworking template that is included with Google SketchUp is that they need help. I have helped a number of users set up what I think is a better, more usable template. It occurred to me today that I could post my SU template file. That way, if others wanted to use it, they could simply add it.

So, here it is. You can download it and open it in SU to take a look at the settings I've made under Window>Model Info and Window>Display Settings. If you choose to use it, just click on File>Save as... and save the file in the Templates folder. It should be found under Google\Google SketchUp 6\SketchUp\Resources\en-US. Change the name of the file if you wish.
To use the template, Click Window>Preferences>Templates (Google SketchUp>Preferences>Templates on Mac, I believe) and choose the template file you just saved. From then on, SU will start using that template until you change it.
Dave where can I download the Sketchup Templates is there a link, Am I missing something ?

Thanks in Advance
Patrick