Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Might be away for a few days

Might be away for a few days

Just got a call from my Mom. My Dad is experiencing chest pains and extreme shortness of breath. Rescue Squad was just pulling out of the driveway the last time she called. He's in Good hands, but any support and prayers will be welcome. I'm 9 hours away, so I'm staying put for the moment until things develop a bit more, but I may have to leave on very short notice.

Thanks all.

Ned
    -Ned

You know our prayers are with your dad and the whole family! One word of advice. Don't be crawling up on the roof of your shop right now. Your mind won't be able to be totally fixed on the job at hand. It can wait. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...
    Exclusively Irish!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas
    When Irish Eyes are smiling, they're usually up to something!!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...but most likely, I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, season 3

Just got further word, he's resting comfortably. Initial tests show no heart attack, he's going to be in overnight for further monitoring etc... friends from church are with both of them for the time being.
    -Ned

Hi Ned,

I hope everything goes well for your dad. Sounds like he got appropriate treatment and in the right time frame. Model the right behavior and mind set for your family and kids; stay optomistic and focused. Best of luck my friend to you and your family.
    Member; Society of American Period Furniture Makers

Our prayers are with you and your family. Let's just hope he had a case of indigestion.

Wes

Dear Ned,
    I hope the morning finds all things well, for you.
    Shaz
    I am a registered voter and you can be too. We ( registered voters ) select the moderators for this forum by voting every six months for the people we want to watch over this family forum.
    Please join me. Register now.
    Shaz
    Here is how

Hope things are going well for your Dad Ned!
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.
    William Arthur Ward

Ned

Take care of yourself or you won't be able to take care of your family DAMHIKT. Our thoughts are with you and yours.

Update,
    got word early this morning that he is Home; Cat scan, enzyme tests all show him in the clear, so he is resting. Evidently they decided that admitting him wasn't going to be needed, and so, they sent him him home at oh dark hundred. my best guess is that he had a serious case of indigestion from something, and since that is pretty much what a heart attack Can feel like,... they went with the worst case scenario.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, keep them coming for a bit just in case.

I can't truly say that I'm 'used to' this happening, but more like I'm 'resigned' to it. Odds are that any crisis is going to be mostly resolved one way or the other even if I were to run in circles, panic and then jump in the car, so I wait for whichever of my parents calls to say 'we need you here' and Then I make the mad dash from NY to VA if I have to.
    -Ned

Thanks for the update, Ned. Out thoughts and prayers are with you, Dad, Mom, and the rest of the family.

Al
    Watch videos from Woodworking in America in Berea, KY
    New blog URL: http://sandal-woodsblog.com/
    Sandal Woods - Fine Woodworking
    We will build your heirlooms