Might be away for a few days

Ned Bulken

Just got a call from my Mom. My Dad is experiencing chest pains and extreme shortness of breath. Rescue Squad was just pulling out of the driveway the last time she called. He's in Good hands, but any support and prayers will be welcome. I'm 9 hours away, so I'm staying put for the moment until things develop a bit more, but I may have to leave on very short notice.

Thanks all.

Ned

You know our prayers are with your dad and the whole family! One word of advice. Don't be crawling up on the roof of your shop right now. Your mind won't be able to be totally fixed on the job at hand. It can wait. Jim.

Hi Ned,

I hope everything goes well for your dad. Sounds like he got appropriate treatment and in the right time frame. Model the right behavior and mind set for your family and kids; stay optomistic and focused. Best of luck my friend to you and your family.

Ned

Take care of yourself or you won't be able to take care of your family DAMHIKT. Our thoughts are with you and yours.

Update,
got word early this morning that he is Home; Cat scan, enzyme tests all show him in the clear, so he is resting. Evidently they decided that admitting him wasn't going to be needed, and so, they sent him him home at oh dark hundred. my best guess is that he had a serious case of indigestion from something, and since that is pretty much what a heart attack Can feel like,... they went with the worst case scenario.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, keep them coming for a bit just in case.

I can't truly say that I'm 'used to' this happening, but more like I'm 'resigned' to it. Odds are that any crisis is going to be mostly resolved one way or the other even if I were to run in circles, panic and then jump in the car, so I wait for whichever of my parents calls to say 'we need you here' and Then I make the mad dash from NY to VA if I have to.

Ned,

My thoughs and prayers are with your family. I'm glad to hear that your Dad is doing Ok now.

I was just up in your neck of the woods on Saturday (Baldwinsville), to celebrate my nephew's 7th birthday. Then it was back to Buffalo that night.

Ned,

Get some rest and I am glad that your Dad had nothing serious. Enjoy the time you have with him as I lost mine 17 years ago and miss him daily.