quandry

Frank Fusco

I'm about 75% seriously trying to buy this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220156610355

I could't find the original post that brought it to our attention. I wrote to the seller, he says it works fine and weighs 600 pounds. He could load and I could get it home with my pick-up. Problem(s), I have no idea how I would get it off the truck and into my shop. And, I don't know if it is THE lathe that would best suit my interests. Except for the impossibility of throwing it in the garbage can, at that price (or near it) I almost can't go wrong. Or could I? :huh:

Frank, If it was as close to me as it is to you, I'd try and get it. At that price you could sell it for scrap and come out ahead!

Frank,

I better be nice, now that I know you're looking at this. I've been watching it all day. It's a drive from here...but if the reserve is low enuf...:dunno:

Good luck...
- Marty -

So the question is do you have 3 phase or will you need the single phase motor.:D

Bart,

As you probably know, I have 3 phase, and can put a VFD on it. I don't know about Frank...:dunno:

I'm talking to Denise right now to try to decide if it's worth the drive for us to go get it. After all, it's DENISE that WANTS A LATHE! :rolleyes:

- Marty -

Hey Marty, it is only 800 miles and you get to stop in Nashville and Louisville if you want.

Road trip, road trip, road trip :rofl::rofl:

And you get to preserve family harmony by encouraging Frank to pull the trigger on the other one.

Jay

......continuance from Jay's post....or you could stop in Arkansas.
I would need to rewire.
But, I'm passing on this. I don't know enough about it to feel comfortable spending the money. Handling it after getting home would be a huge problem. My shop ceiling is too low to get any kind of power lift inside, etc, etc.
All yours Marty. Casa Fusco would be a handy stop over spot on the trip. Price is right too. You would also be able to meet Tod and Roger in person too. Ye would have to hope Tod's dogs like you, though. ;)

Well Frank,

I too passed on the lathe. Someone wanted it more than I did...$700 :doh:

Oh well, time to drop back and rethink...or find another old heavy lathe...closer...

BTW, I've already met tod. He came here and helped me work on the shop. (Thanks again tod! :thumb:)

- Marty -

Hey, Frank,

Got a dollar? One dollar. One!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Jet-1014-Variab...ryZ57121QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And it's close to you.... Maybe you can snipe it at the last second for $1.50... ;)

Thanks,

Bill

Hey, thanks. I put it on watch list. Suspect it will eventually go for near new retail price. But, with eBay, ye never know. Round trip to Rogers would be about $60.00 in gas, so I'll have to calculate that in. My time ain't worth nuttin' . ;)