Sycamore and Cherry Box with dt's

Thanks for the explanation on the box and hinge Jason. It's really beautiful.
I may borrow your concept on a project.

Question for you - it appears that the lid will open all the way back and touch the table. Or did you put some kind of stop in the hinge?

Neil

Question for you - it appears that the lid will open all the way back and touch the table. Or did you put some kind of stop in the hinge?

Neil, timely question. Yes, the lid goes all the way open. I didn't put any stops on the hinge as such. I was going to put a chain on it, but someone seeing the box offered me a pretty good sum for the box so I sold it to him. I asked him if he wanted the chain and he said that it would detract from the look. Who am I to argue? :dunno:

I might try and design a stop into the second version. I have some ideas that might work out.

Another beauty, Jason!

It looks like you have zero room for paring your dovetail sockets at the narrow end. Do you cut the tails first and trim the pins? Or have you developed your sawing skills to the point where you don't trim, a la Frank Klaus?

Another beauty, Jason!

It looks like you have zero room for paring your dovetail sockets at the narrow end. Do you cut the tails first and trim the pins? Or have you developed your sawing skills to the point where you don't trim, a la Frank Klaus?

Jay, yes I cut the tails first and then mark for the pins. I like the look of narrow pins. I'm not to the point where I can cut and assemble without test fitting and paring as necessary :( . Maybe after a couple thousand tries I'll be better :p

Thanks