Oneway 1224 modifications

Chris Barton

I got a Oneway 1224 as a replacement for my old Jet VS mini this year and while I've liked the machine beyond compare, it did have a short coming. The base of the 1224 is all steel and has two shelves but, they are open to the elements and I found that I tended to fill them with chips. So, I made some drawers for the two shelves and the pictures are attached. Almost as much fun as turning...

Good job, Chris. I'm an open shelf man, myself, every where in the shop. I prefer quick access and a visual reminder that what I want is where it is, but you do have to get used to shavings co-existing with your tools.

Good idea Chris.

I went a read about this lathe. What I read looked good until I read that they made the outboard shaft 3/4" x 16 threads instead of 1" x 8 threads like the inboard shaft. I wonder what prompted them to do such a thing doesn't even make sense. You would have to be tooled up with chucks & face plates to fit both ends of the shaft. Besides that it seems that the outboard shaft would be for turning larger diameter bowls, so I just don't understand why they made it smaller it even costs more to do it.