Christmas Ornaments

Well been getting ready for the season. Yep like Curt more Christmas ornaments. Been making mini birdhouses which sell pretty good and regular ornaments that sell pretty good. I need to make a couple more regular ornaments to make a even dozen of each. I have been asked by the Arts Council to display 6 of each at the Art Gallery at Thanksgiving. They want them for display and will sell them for me. I have also been asked if I could make some with the school colors on them. So we shall see. All are finished with either Deft spray lacquer or minwax spray poly. A couple of them the LOML sprayed with gold glitter spray. You can't see it in the photos but they look pretty nice.

Attachments

• Christmas Ornaments 1.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 29
  • Christmas Ornaments 2.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 19
  • Christmas Ornaments 3.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 3.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Christmas Ornaments 4.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 4.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 19
  • Christmas Ornaments 5.jpg
    Christmas Ornaments 5.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 21
Bernie, very nice as usual with your work.

I have been hearing Christmas music on the radio the last couple of days and I can't believe how they are pushing Christmas on us early.

But in the non commercialized endeavors of people making stuff for Christmas, such as yourself......it is good any time of the year.:thumb:

Hmmmm guess I need to take a look t starting a few of my own. I have to get some done, and time is creeping up on me. Kinda like old age.

Great work Bernie! :thumb:

I too like the acorn-shaped bird houses.

I'll bet those would sell really good.

DT

Man, no wonder we've not heard a lot from you lately...you've been busy. The ornaments look real nice, Bernie. I especially like the birdhouses. Between you and Curt, you're going to be the cause of quite a few of us trying to make ornaments this year. ;)

Thanks everyone. Yep been hitting the Nova pretty hard the last couple of weeks. The ornaments are easy to do as I got a DVD from the Alabama Woodturners Association. The DVD's they have are from demo turners. The demonstrator was Larry Hasiak. He did a HF and a Christmas ornament. Very easy to do. First one took me about 35 to 40 minutes and as I did more I can now make them in about 20 minutes.