Another Blanket Chest (Toy Box)

Hey Mack, the Loonie is a neat idea! :clap:

I'm sure Brynn will love that chest the rest of his life, what a great thing to pass on to your grandson, lucky kid! :thumb:

Hey Mack, the Loonie is a neat idea! :clap:

I'm sure Brynn will love that chest the rest of his life, what a great thing to pass on to your grandson, lucky kid! :thumb:
Hi Stu; here's another chance to read the 1st line of my post!
"Just completed this blanket chest (toy box) for my 3 yr. old granddaughter Brynn.":wave:I'm guessing it's tonight where you are, so you are forgiven for that faux pas.;)

Sorry about that Mack, I was wondering what kind of a name Brynn was for a boy........ :doh:

Well, I'm sure you Grand DAUGHTER will love it for the rest of her life! :thumb:

Hey, I read two languages.............BOTH poorly....... :bang: :bonkers:

That is a great looking piece. It has a solid quality without feeling bulky. I also like the profile of the feet.

Hi Garry & Glenn; thanks for your comments. I did make the feet but I must admit the design is not mine. This chest started it's inception from the cover of "WOOD" Mar. 2007. Unfortunately it was shown with ugly bun feet. And then my lack of design etc. got in the way, and the box bears no resemblance to that which is on the cover of the mag.

I met a gent on the WOOD forum who designed the feet and he most graciously sent me the instructions for making them. He used a cove cut on the TS to cut the cove. I was too nervous to do that and used the BS. It worked great.

As well as the bandsaw it took 2 router bits: Freud's multi-profile bit 99-PK1 to do the bottom portion, and Freud's half-round bull nose bit 82-114 to give that bead just below the cove.

Aside to Glenn; Are you the Glenn Bradley that I should know from some business we did recently?