Another Couple "look what I found" things.....

Stuart Ablett

Both of these on Yahoo auction, I kind of troll through there looking for neat stuff, and looking for my next project :rolleyes: :doh:

Anyway, I found these two.....

big_tokai_slider1.jpg big_tokai_slider2.jpg

big_tokai_slider3.jpg big_tokai_slider4.jpg
This is a nice big slider, they want 180,000 yen or about $1500
It is a well known brand, and I'm sure has a ton of life left in it, but a little large for the Dungeon :rolleyes:

usd_ripsaw1.jpg usd_ripsaw2.jpg usd_ripsaw3.jpg

Next is this thing, I guess it is a rip saw of some sort?

they want about $800 for this one, again, the space issue, but for me it is neat to see this kind of stuff here, and to know that it IS out there....... :D :wave:

The second one is indeed an inline rip saw. The chain conveyor on the bottom draws the workpiece through and you get left with a nice straight edge. The good ones have multirip cpacity so you can rip several components at the same time in a single pass. They tend to get very big (you would probably find it easier to fit the dungeon in it than it in the dungeon) very expensive and very heavy. Unsurprisingly three factors that also mean they get very expensive. If you could get the one you show for $800 or so it would be a bargain. I would love one but space and money - always space and money!!

Love that sliding table on the table saw. I don't do much with sheet goods but would be nice when I do!

Wonder if the second one could be a moulder? Of course it could be a rip saw too.

i see a new building being planned for down town toyko:eek:

[edit] ian`s right jeff, it`s a straightline saw

Well let me tell you gents, if I had the space, I'd FIND the money :D.....

And if I had the money to get the space then I would find the money to get the inline rip. As it is I have a space marked out for one, it just has six more productive tools sitting in it at the moment.:)

Both of these on Yahoo auction, I kind of troll through there looking for neat stuff, and looking for my next project :rolleyes: :doh:

Anyway, I found these two.....

View attachment 13311 This is a nice big slider, they want 180,000 yen or about $1500
It is a well known brand, and I'm sure has a ton of life left in it, but a little large for the Dungeon :rolleyes:

Tokai?

Don't they make the cheap Fender guitar copies?

Looks the wrong way round to me. Are there a lot of left-handed people in Japan?:)

Nice piece of kit - bit on the pricey side by UK standards though.

Yeah Stuart, nice stuff. I'm dreamin' a lot of nice machinery, but when I wake up I'm back to reality. :D

I love all that big old machinery, but unfortunately its not the space that really gets me. The money thing, that is always an issue, but there are ways around that. (Raid the Mrs Savings account :)) but for me anyway, its the 3 phase issue. I am miles and miles from 3 phase power.

By the way Stu...and a stupid question here, what does the Japanese do for power. 120, 220 in standard plugs and what about 3 phase?

Travis, the power here is nice and strange, South of Osaka, it is all 100V 60 cycles, North of Osaka, it is all 100V 50 cycles :doh:

Other wise, we have 100V, 200V and yes, three phase, I have 3 phase in my Dungeon, as we have a 3 phase motor on the building's elevator, so I just asked for an extension panel of sorts.

Cheers!