Thread: Old Arn Help Please

Old Arn Help Please

Anyone know anything about this band saw model or company?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA:IT&ih=015

I looked on OWWM.org but there wasn't much info. The autction says the resaw is only 3", but I think they are only measuring from bottom of the blade guide in the pic? It's close to me and not that expensive. The seller also has a vintage craftsman dp and scroll saw up for sale.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

never heard of it jeff but it`s got cool doors.
    [SIZE="1"] associated with several importers and manufacturers.[/SIZE]

cool doors indeed. I did find a little more at OWWM

http://owwm.com/PhotoIndex/detail.asp?id=4826

It was made in Fairfield, IA around 1936. 12" resaw for a starting bid of $75? It also origianly had a 101" blade. Can you still buy blades that size? I wonder if I can convince SWMBO that this is needed?
    Last edited by Jeff Bower; 10-09-2007 at 07:42 PM.
    A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone. -Henry David Thoreau
    My Website

Jeff,
    Companies like Suffolk Machinery will make excellent custom length blades for a very good price.

Have to wonder why he specifies it will only cut wood up to 3.5" thick. Underpowered maybe?
    "Folks is funny critters."

Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too. ~Voltaire

Dick, thanks good to know.

Frank, I don't think he knows what he has. In one of the pics it shows the blade gaurd pretty close to the table...maybe 3". If it is underpowered I have recently found a place in my town that has quite a few 1 and 1.5hp motors for sale pretty cheap and a few 2hp for not that much more. I sent the owner and email to try and get some more details.
    My Website