I had Quintuplets +3 stay tuned for more info

Chuck Beland

I never said they were babies ::) But with all the trouble I had well without further adieu Drum roll please.

Click on the pic for full size pic.

I present Quintuplets + 3

The hardest thing that happened is designing the finials & finishing the dang things.

Bob,
I used 5 coats of Minwax poly sanded with 600 between 4 of the coats the last one I used 0000 steel wool. The problem I had was I didn't know that Gabon Ebony was a oily wood & after 3 days the finish still wasn't dry. I tried to sand it off but all 5 finials cracked so I had to re do them. my local Lowes was supposed to carry Deft high gloss spray laquer but they just stopped carrying it for a brand called "Cabots" that's what's on 3 of the finials they came out pretty good.

Chuck

Thanks for the congrats guys.

Vaughn & Bernie, I was talking to one of my nice customers I deliver mail to & she told me she was going to take down her Mimosa tree well I started to have all sorts of thoughts & told her I want the wood. Unfortunately she was talking about taking down some small branches. I told her I do wood turning & I make stuff out of wood on my lathe. Well one thing lead to another & I told her about a ring bowl I made for LOML & I brought it in to show her. She said that those would be good for her grand daughters she has three. I told her it probably go for around $45 cause I have to buy the wood over the internet. So if she wants three of them I figured that $45 is a decent price for each one & I also made one for her for free. I'm going to tell her that they had a special buy three get one for free. Cause she is such a sweetheart always offering me water & soda during the summer while I'm delivering. Also just because she is so nice.

The Gabon Ebony did give me a hard time. I tried a experiment though.
One one I used Acetone & sanding sealer
On another one I tried Mineral spirits & sanding sealer
On the third I tried DNA & sanding sealer.
although I forgot which one I put on them so experiment was a bust cause on 2 of them they came out perfect on three of them I had to sand over & since our local Lowe's stopped carrying Deft spray laquer for a company called Cabot. That's what's on the last three.

Do you think that $45 is a decent price for them each :huh:

Chuck